How to stop other factions from attack stations I trade with

This, I´d like to know as well. I'm about to declare war just to save the station.

No, there is not such an option. At least I didn't find it.

#yolo #design #polish

You know what is also annoying.

Stations have no ranged attack. So enemy ranger is just standing there parked sniping station every turn, for ever. While solider guy, attacks, get to low health, waits until gets healed, attacks again, etc...

I was lucky that I was able to corner out rest of enemy armies, so only those two units remained. But there is no way for station to deal with them.

If this was Civ5, I would give some combat unit to the station. But it is not, station is completely passive when defending.

You can surround the station with your own units. Only way for the AI to take the station is to DOW you. Not the most efficient use of units, but ....

I was having an issue with that, too...but I was glad that Barre killing a station finished a quest for me.

Yeah, big oversight on the devs part. If the terrain is suitable you can position your troops in choke points to block military access. Or you can trey to surround a station that is very important.

i encountered another bug though: there were two stations i traded a lot thoughout the game until every other trade route became better than teh T3 station trade routes. i moved out my army to clear the stations to free up the space for a colonist of mine to build a canal. I destroyed both stations (one i even had a quest for), but since then even 150 turns later my neighbors keep denouncing me for attacking stations as if i had destroyed one just a few turns ago. I tell them i'm a better man now, but 30 turns later they bother me again.

Seems like a bug to me, as if the variable (station_warmonger=1) does not get cleared with time passing.

You can surround the station with your own units. Only way for the AI to take the station is to DOW you. Not the most efficient use of units, but ....

I've been doing that fow awhile with only 2 units. A mountain and some miasma clouds were on the other spots around it. If I get the miasma planting ability I could lay down another cloud but would still have to have a guard at the other one for the convoys to come through.

The Slavs still have a rocket launcher keep shooting it where the defenses are down to 1-11. I should just DoW against it and take it since I have the military perk to take outposts as yours. If the Slavs come back with some more men besides the RL, I will.

Definitely needs to be diplomacy support for Stations, in fact they need to make stations a bit more like city states, maybe let them have 'security forces' that get better at different tiers.

Or send a detachment which will be funded by them.

They are a group of artists, scientists, corp, etc even though that one Fort xxxx maybe could have their own, I guess.

... it worked in CiV. As tactics go, doing so is impractical and situational. However, I was able to save valuable city-states using my units as human shields. Of course, in CiV I didn't have contend with miasma poisoning my troops.

This is one of the biggest shortcomings in the game so far in my opinion (although overall, I love the game... just need to fix a few things). I was allied with KAvithan Protectorate (KP) and they attacked the station I had a trade route with... there was no way to ask them to not do that. IMHO it would be easy to add in an option in diplomacy to 'make peace with' a station, like they had in civ 5 with city states. Otherwise you have to surround the station with your units or, worse, declare war on an ally to keep the trade route.

Yeah, factions kept on trying to murder the stations I'm trading with..

So I just dow'd on them and wiped them from the planet. They don't exist anymore and my trade gets to continue XD

I looked for an option to tell them to stop doing it, found none.

So I went to next obvious solution.... kill the AI's soldiers. They even pillaged one of my trade routes somehow even when I wasn't at war against them.

Looks like in Rising Tide you still can't use diplomacy to prevent others from attacking your trading stations ...

Top Bottom