How to turn off Culture Border battles in a modpack?

Gurgeh

Chieftain
I'm trying to play Legends of Revolution, and think I might give Quot Capita a try (except it won't run for some reason). But there's one feature I don't like in these mosds, and that's the cultural battles thing. I think it's unrealistic, and I liked the way taking a city would mean the surrounding country side became out of reach for awhile until you invested in what I always liked to think of as "Hearts and Minds" operations by building a temple or library etc.

The Culture Border Battles thing has ruined all that, it's the only thing I don't like about these mods, is there anywhere it can be turned off?

Ah, goody.... *waits with eager anticipation for a creator of one of these mods to swing by*

Yes, you can turn it off. Press ctrl + alt + o which accesses the BUG options. In the RevDCM tab there is an option called IDW, unmark it. Save your game, and reload, IDW (Influence driven war) will be disabled apon doing so, and borders will no longer be effected by battles. There are actually quite a few options in the RevDCM tab, most of them work and the AI will understand them, (though the AI may have issues with some of them that are off by default), all except Stack Attack, do not turn on stack attack, it can cause crashes.

Top Bottom