How to win a cultural victory

IMACIVFAN

Chieftain
Folks,

I have the Complete Edition of the game. Enjoy the game enormously. Can't return to Civ 4 now.

Also, I find it fantastic to play the vanilla even though I have the expansions. I want to get the feel of playing the original game, so I am currently, playing the version of the game.

I try to win a cultural victory. I have tried twice but in vain. Does the AI cheat on Prince level?

Also what are the keys to win a CV?

well prince is the first level (starting from higher) where the AIs don't cheat :)
So the most important thing is not expand too much... 3 cities should be the best beacause founding new cities increase policy cost build cultural building ASAP and work every artist slot then use artist to make landmarks... have one city with lot of production to build utopia project after policies don't stay behind too much with techs or the ai will kill you (on prince def is quite easy though)
the most important wonders are stonhenge, oracle, sistine chapel, christ, (sidney)
for the civ to take i can't say because i don't remember now the abilities... the only one Cultural Victory i archieved was with Siam on immortal so i'd take them...

good luck hope this will help

This is a Vanilla thread, with this (and on G&K), the AI receives the Chieftain level handicaps across the board. In addition, if playing above Prince, the AI receives additional happiness bonuses.

Note that in all previous games, the AI received handicaps when the human was on Prince as well. (In case of Civ IV, a massive discount upgrading units was the most noticeable)

For Cultural Victory, in Vanilla, optimum was normally first found the capital and then found only one more city (with the Liberty policy). Fell free to conquer as many cities as you like but leave the ones you keep at all as permanent puppets.
Most of the world wonders in the capital, but one of them in the other self built city for the policy in Freedom giving culture bonus for cities with world wonders.

Liberty then Piety then Tradition then Freedom then anything else was normal for Vanilla. (Note that in Vanilla, Tradition did NOT provide free aqueducts and in addition, poor timing to Legalism could cause the benefit to be wasted)

In addition to the key ones built there, you also want a lot more world wonders, even the ones not providing a culture bonus initially will later on with one of the social policies normally taken.

Thanks.

I set up my own game, with 3 AI empires and 12 city states on the Earth map.

Is it normal that the city states develop faster than the AI empires?

How do city states achieve that?

I have just finished 217 Turns and at 1894 AD. Completed Liberty, piety and Tradition just now. What is the next I need to finish?

Top Bottom