How well do you play when severely intoxicated?

I haven't played severely intoxicated, but once when I was tipsy and decided to declare war on Russia so I could get a swordsman past her borders. It paid off because I took a city from her with that one swordsman after the Romans softened it.

i've screwed up at least a couple hof submissions playing somewhat intoxicated; my micro ability or patience gets severely diminished.

Finally a worthwhile thread.

I usually start off convinced I'm going to get wasted whilst taking over the world a la alexander the great but zone out or quit by turn 50.

I don't really drink and play the game but I find weed and Civ to be a winning combination. The slow pace of both tend to work in harmony...

Until you realize you've been deeply contemplating the ins and outs of the extrapolated consequences of your next move for over forty five minutes...

Alcohol and gaming aren‘t a good combination I find。 Too hard to focus on what you’re doing or appreciate your successes。 If you‘re going to get severely intoxicated at home, do it while watching something funny on TV。 TV does not require much concentration。

Alcohol and gaming aren‘t a good combination I find。 Too hard to focus on what you’re doing or appreciate your successes。 If you‘re going to get severely intoxicated at home,, do it while watching something funny on TV。 TV does not require much concentration。

That is some rather curious punctuation.

,.'

Until you realize you've been deeply contemplating the ins and outs of the extrapolated consequences of your next move for over forty five minutes...

Ahahahahah this exactly..! Especially those first policies, I can NEVER decide no matter what and end up reloading over and over... only to end up wrapped up in the music or a diplomacy screen instead...!

Sorry for starting this incredibly stupid thread. I am however amazed at how decent my spelling was in my initial post as it usually is one of the first things that go out the window.

It has been entertaining to read all the replies though. :)

Oh, and someone DO make that Christmas tree mod please!

I want to see how bad "one more turn" is on Crystal Meth. Not me per se, but someone at some point has probably tried it.

I want to see how bad "one more turn" is on Crystal Meth.

Haha nice one. Don't play on a chair if you want to try this. Play on a couch.

Just a theory....

I tend to have more fun when I'm acting Bob Marley-ish, though my turns take longer to complete :D.

However, when I'm acting all Janis Jopliney, I don't bother loading ciV. It would be worse than trying to code advanced algorithms while riding the E-train.

I thought that was what the long in between turn times was put there for. Have I been doing this wrong?

If it wasn't for the digital footprint, I'd be happy to explain the advantages of living in Amsterdam ...

sadly for me, I have a drug test coming up so I haven't been able to enjoy the weed/civ combo which I've been dying to do, but that will all change soon as I pass this test. ;)

But as for drinking and gaming, last night after coming home from the bar I booted up civ 3, loaded up a perfectly good campaign I had been working on for a while, and drove my civ into the ground. I loaded it up this morning and I was utterly pissed at what I did.

Then after failing at Civ, i booted up Battlefiled Bc 2, and got severly destroyed. Instead of playing, I got into a heated convo about our govt. with another concerned citizen, and this carried on for about 3 rounds.

I then realized I could barely keep my head up straight, so I went to bed.

All in all, i would say being really drunk and playing any video game is a fail.

Top Bottom