Huge Europe Map

Russian cities in russian?
I think russian cities' names are already in russian, of course not in cyrillic.

I'm currently testing the map in normal Civ IV mode to see how balanced each area of land is for developing civilizations.

Not enough rivers is all that can be said right now. :)

Off topic, but I'm making a mod and want DCM and IDW in it, but, uh, have no clue yet how to put those in. Anyone know?

I've been peering into the map for Karelian Istmus (It's kinda small and difficult to spot) and now I would like to ask will Viipuri be Finnish city? (It was taken by Russians after Winter War, Finnish city since independence) I believe that would make game a bit more realistic.

On to the next inquirement:
Does Bulgaria have even the slightest chance of appearing in the map?

PS. Looking great already, holding my breath until its ready:)

I've been peering into the map for Karelian Istmus (It's kinda small and difficult to spot) and now I would like to ask will Viipuri be Finnish city? (It was taken by Russians after Winter War, Finnish city since independence) I believe that would make game a bit more realistic.

On to the next inquirement:
Does Bulgaria have even the slightest chance of appearing in the map?

PS. Looking great already, holding my breath until its ready:)

Bulgaria will be making an appearance if I can get it working.

Also, Finland is not 100% done at the moment, if the city fits in, i'll include it. I wil make sure the region is Finnish though.

Ok, bad news. The computer I was using to work on this failed, so I lost the map here. Fortunately, I had already transfered it to another computer so only my ability to make progress on it has stalled, the map is not lost. This just means its gonna take me a little longer than it otherwise would to get it done. No worries.

Aww... Hope it doesn't take too long.

Wouldn't that lag quite a bit?Considering how AI dumbly moves units from city to city each turn.

Ok. Wow. I don't know what happened here. Somewhere along the line I entirely forgot about this. Is anyone still interested? If so I can get right back to work on it, I still have the file. (plus this time around I have way way more knowledge on Europe's landscape having bought EU3).

I'm in. I add it to my mini-mod. :D

Don't forget the Siegfied line and the Stalin Line near Moscow (which I will add in a later in my WBS)

Siegfried line was a myth (essentially). But Moscow did have some extra defenses.

I havent even tested what of the map exists, so im not sure how that kind of thing would effect balancing. I'll use what works best, obviously.

I know, that's what I meant. Its not strong enough to make using Maginot forts a realistic reprisentation, but placing actual forts is pointless because the AI will just replace them. Besides, most meaningful Siegfried line construction took place after 1936.

An Alternative would be to use 4 Fortresses for the Maginot line and 1 Fortress per square for the Siegfried, Stalin and Mannerheim lines

That's a good idea. Though I'll increase the stalin line to 2, and the mannerheim line to 3 for balance fo Finland doesnt get crushed.

Could you please get me a map of the Stalin line? I've only seen it in Hearts of Iron 2, so I can't exactly map it well off of that.

RE: Mannerheim Line. http://www.nortfort.ru/index_e.html Will give you an idea where to put the fortifications

RE: Stalin Line http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_Line

It was along the Original Border with Poland,Baltic States. However, In 1939 it was broken up and moved forward to make the Molotov Line. Both lines were incomplete. So to reflect it in the game maybe have one Fortress per 4-5 squares.

NOTE: I am going to be giving my fortresses ranged combat of 1

I don't often visit these forums, which is why I got my hopes all up when I started reading this thread, only to have them dashed quite thoroughly by the end.

I guess there won't be a huge Europe map for RtW? This is a bummer because I think the included Europe map leaves much to be desired.

Uhh, no. I just began work on it again a short while ago. Don't expect it within the month, but 2 or 3 months from now it might be finished enough for a beta release. :)

If you'd like, I can get some new screenshots soon, though there's been no changes from before because right now i'm just making a list of everything that needs to be improves/changed. I made a lot of huge mistakes before that I need to change. (Scandinavia is the big one, but Britain looks odd too.)

Having seen the Iberian Peninsula Screenshot I think it's brilliant but change Marbella to Malaga. I live next to Marbella and it's filled with nothing but bars packed with expats. Malaga was of strategic importance during the Spanish Civil War and has an airport. Marbella comes under Malaga Province. Other than that looking good. Can't wait to try out this map, if my computer can survive it.

Top Bottom