Huge v1.22 Patch main screen error

StepBangin

Chieftain
I replied to a thread about this earlier, but it was a ways down, also I thought a new thread would get more views. I installed 1.22 and opened up C3C and my text and links were all screwed up. Also, it still says 1.00 in the bottom left of the title screen. However, I chopped that part out of the screen shot on accident..

Any ideas on what to do?

Happened to me also. Look at the text at the bottom: "Close the door on your way out. Default Setting for New Cities". :lol:

When it happened to me, it was worse. Instead of "Barricade" and "Build Barricade" and so on, I had:

&$K35^Klsfddf_JOIn City!*&4
(&^23UTromans
GrasslandJH%#@*(*

:crazyeye:

For me, it happened when I had my first Vanilla game (I have another Vanilla CD now), and when after patching I tried to use a nocd patch (I'm not going to give any details. It's against the forum rules, and I understand why it's heavily punished) that screwed the game.

i have the same problem

It seems like your labels.txt file got screwed up either during patching or installation, so that the main menu options have been replaced with some weird text. So just try a quick reinstall and back your files up just in case and see if that fixes the problem.

I tried but it is not working :mad:

does somebody knows how to clean ths problem

I don't remember how the fix works, but I think reinstalling, copying the labels.txt file to another directory, and patching would work. Then, if needed, you could copy the labels.txt file back to the original directory.

I'm sure there's a solution in the Tech Support forum.

I think this happened to me when I installed the UK version of the patch, instead of US version.I cant say with any certainty, or even if there are 2 versions.

But that's not an issue with the 1.22 patch. It doesn't have the nation restriction on it like PTW did.

Turner said:
But that's not an issue with the 1.22 patch. It doesn't have the nation restriction on it like PTW did.

Are you sure? I'm 99% sure there are 2 different patches for 2 different versions, since my problem was almost identical, except the labels were moved 2 in the opposite direction.

The 1.22 patch will ask for your language, but there's only one patch to download. You can check the download page for yourself.

Top Bottom