Human Model for Poser

No need to get upset about that IMO. :D

Be happy. :)

Edit: Crosspost with limewire. Speaking of me being cursed! Why am I crossposting all the time? :eek:

Well, you're welcome! :) I'm glad you appreciated what I posted. Turner didn't mean to be disrespectful to a new member, he was just doing his mod job. :D

Don't take what I said as a neglect light use it to see better in the dark. :)

I could have said, "PMing him would be the thing to do, instead of spamming up this thread about it."

Or I could have said Moderator Action: PMing him would be the thing to do, instead of spamming up this thread about it.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

By not using the mod tags, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

So, you can take it as the constructive criticism it was, with no other intent aside from keeping the thread nice and orderly, or I can warn you for Public Discussion of Moderator Actions, delete your off-topic posts, and log warnings as necessary.

Your choice.

Thank for a nicely informal introduction. I only came here to find some directions on where or how this could be done. I did PM Dawg but I don't think he gonna reply anytime soon especially after seeing what happen here nor he willing to be interested in our little youtube project. That really is a unfortunate thing that it turn out this way. Hopefully in a couple days, thing might just surface up in the right direction, we see how it go. :cry:

Livewire-

could someone please explain me where to place all of these files? Im new to this unit making thing :S. I tried to place some of them in the "library > props > civ3props" or "library > character > civ3figures", but some won't work. can someone help me?

From what I remember, a couple need to be imported (file->import) as some kind of .obj file. I particularly remember the Long Kilt needs to be imported this way.

How may I contact Kinboat???
I really need to! I have some business that may be of his interest... (talking about ca$h here)
I appreciate any feedbacks!!!

Thanks!

How may I contact Kinboat???
I really need to! I have some business that may be of his interest... (talking about ca$h here)
I appreciate any feedbacks!!!

Thanks!

Click on his icon/avatar. This will take you to his profile. Select Send E-Mail or Send Private Message.

Ok I will try!
I just asked because I didn't trust that sendind an email through the forum would really send him the email (AFAIK he is not active here anymore).
Thank you!

By the way, Bjornlo, I heard you are a 3d modeler as well (And I heard you are a very good one)... Is this information correct?
(Sorry if my english is bad, as I am Brazilian!)

If the e-mail he registered with is still active he will still get it. If not, well than no. PM might work, since he does occasionally surf here even though he does not post.

I can model, but I do not know if you would call me good or not. I am faster at hard surface stuff than organics stuff. (guns are easier to make than kittens).

For example: Utahjazz's clothing is easier to work with than mine.

Another modeler would be Civ's Army, who is brazillian like you.

I prefer to not discuss this further in this thread as we are not talking about Human Models for Poser. If you have other questions about civ3, modeling, or stuff... please start a new thread or use PM.

ok do you where i zip them to?

sorry for being an idiot

You can place them anywhere you like.

because I model a lot, and did not want to mix up the main P7 runtime with my civ3 nor my test runtimes, I use the following:

disk drive\program files\(curious labs or whatever you installed your Poser in to)\
then in there I have
\Poser 7
\Poser 6
(had poser 5 too, but uninstalled it)
\Civ3
\Test
\historical
\military
\females
\males
\scenes_and_plants
\vehicles
\cartoon
\animals
\fantasy
\kids
\and maybe 1 or two I am forgetting...

Open Poser 7
open the Libraries menu (windows\library)
click the up arrow in the library twice.
click on the + symbol (it will say add runtime)
one by one select all the runtimes you wish to have.

It pays to have several... easier to backup. Poser runs far faster with small runtimes. And it is easier to find stuff.

Once you have done this, go back to the folders....
in ...\civ3\runtime\libraries
you will see
props
characters
pose
those are the only three you need to worry about.

Inside Characters make a folder or two or more (I use Civ3Main and Civ3Test)
inside props make a folder or more
inside pose make a folder or two or more....

It pays to plan things out.
Use a layout which makes sense to you and one you can maintain.
Remember you will have to have test and temp folders too... so you do not pollute your "good" stuff with works in progress.

For some reason I can't make a texture map for the shield that comes with the knight figure. When I export the shield as an "obj" file and then open it in UV mapper, it says "This object has no UV texture coordinates." Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

For some reason I can't make a texture map for the shield that comes with the knight figure. When I export the shield as an "obj" file and then open it in UV mapper, it says "This object has no UV texture coordinates." Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah, I tried exporting the shield as a .3ds and a .obj model, but neither worked. I'm not sure if anyone else has had luck with that or not. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

Hey I know this thread is quite old and this will probably never get a response, but I am using the trial version of Poser 9 and Utahjazz7's unit creating guide. Everything seems fine except that the feet on the PDM model don't have xtran, ytran, or ztran properties. Is there a way to fix this?

Top Bottom