Humankind Game by Amplitude

If this is true then I eeally wonder how will they name
Spoiler :
Egyptians
to make them distinct from, well,
Spoiler :
Egyptians
:p
There are other names for both... the leak shows for example a different name for the era 1 [redacted] as currently used, albeit not a good one. The era 6 one also used a different official name for some years.

If this is true then I eeally wonder how will they name
Spoiler :
Egyptians
to make them distinct from, well,
Spoiler :
Egyptians
:p

Spoiler :
Feel like it can be "Kemet Egyptians" for Ancient while keeping the "Egyptians" for Contemporary. IIRC in modern Egyptian Arabic they also call themselves al-masryyeen (miṣr in Arabic refers to Egypt) so that can be a possibility for Contem. Egyptians as well.

Last edited:
I’ve played four games now, and it’s honestly addicting. In absence of an Early Modern African culture and the desire to play as many different cultures as possible, I decided not to repeat the one culture that really had influence in Africa for this time period that is available (Ottoman), and I went Joseon of all things.

their trait is stupidly good. I could place harbors worth 100-200 science, even better than their EQ the seowon (which is solid, but compared to these yields it is underwhelming). Also playing Nubia -> Aksum -> Ghana results in gobs of cash in the middle ages. If I had went Dutch it would have been ridiculous.

I was actually fairly aggressive this game because I enjoy the demands and war system (which is nuts because in Civ I am way more peaceful unless I need to war). For peace deals, knowing what you’re selecting without having to go back out of the peace screen and scour the map to find it is really important. Also, the names of territories should really REALLY be easier to find because unless i go out and click on administrative centers it’s too difficult to tell.

Also, What do vassals do and why do i want them? Do they break free or fight for independence? I don’t fully understand there and the game is unhelpful in telling me.

another thing, independent peoples don’t seem to upgrade their units. They also appear and then get killed off with little warning - I had a very aggressive Medes that I warred with and built up several armies to go conquer. By the time that happened their city was razed and I don’t understand what happened. I surrounded them on three sides, the fourth was water. I’m not sure how they just burned down, that secret is lost to time but I’d kind of like more info about IPs cropping up or dying.

Transportation infrastructure seems inconsistent (or at least my understanding of it is) - sometimes my roads seem to make movement faster and other times armies seem to move at normal speed. Anyone have any idea how roads work? I honestly couldn’t tell you except that Wheel auto-establishes roads.

i love this and am trying hard to absorb all of the info I can to have lots of fun at release but really the lack of information, whats and whys in the UI and explanations is frustrating. It took me three games to understand how trading happens and how to get trade routes.

Transportation infrastructure seems inconsistent (or at least my understanding of it is) - sometimes my roads seem to make movement faster and other times armies seem to move at normal speed. Anyone have any idea how roads work? I honestly couldn’t tell you except that Wheel auto-establishes roads.

IIRC in the early game there are 2 sets of roads, units would have different speeds on them.

I find it hard to believe anyone reading this thread is concerned about spoilers?

Several people directly before that post bothered putting the leak in spoilers. It is not hard to continue the trend, instead of negating their effort.

By the way, I was concerned about the spoilers, because I was enjoying revealing things step by step, and was coming here to discuss them afterward. We literally just had several pages of speculation, which is fun for people. The leak can ruin the speculation, and constitutes spoilers.

Several people directly before that post bothered putting the leak in spoilers. It is not hard to continue the trend, instead of negating their effort.

By the way, I was concerned about the spoilers, because I was enjoying revealing things step by step, and was coming here to discuss them afterward. We literally just had several pages of speculation, which is fun for people. The leak can ruin the speculation, and constitutes spoilers.

Afterwards I already edited the post to have spoilers, in any case. I didn't have the tag originally was because the information was really spread out elsewhere. If it still feels like breaking the good atmosphere I can delete the post.

Afterwards I already edited the post to have spoilers, in any case. I didn't have the tag originally was because the information was really spread out elsewhere. If it still feels like breaking the good atmosphere I can delete the post.

Oh yeah, you fixed it just fine! I was just explaining why it felt worthwhile to request it in the first place.

I am actively reading this thread.

The reason why I haven't stated anything thus far is that I have an NDA clause with Amplitude. I am a Games2Gether VIP (which means that I know of all the cultures, their types, and emblematic units/buildings/infrastructure years before release) and one of the conditions is not to say much. Anything I say could be interpreted as confirmation and thus a violation of the NDA clause.

The reason why I haven't stated anything thus far is that I have an NDA clause with Amplitude. I am a Games2Gether VIP (which means that I know of all the cultures, their types, and emblematic units/buildings/infrastructure years before release) and one of the conditions is not to say much. Anything I say could be interpreted as confirmation and thus a violation of the NDA clause.

Interesting to see other VIPs around here - AFAIK among people who actively hanging out in this subforum only Narcisse and Elhoim are VIPs. Most of the VIPs are more active on G2G/Discord.

Interesting to see other VIPs around here, esp. as a old forum user - AFAIK among people who actively hanging out in this subforum only Narcisse and Elhoim are VIPs. Most of the VIPs are more active on G2G/Discord.
I am, too, and that's why I also have been quiet here. I know a few others are as well.

I am, too, and that's why I also have been quiet here. I know a few others are as well.

Oh Great! Now we can start speculating about who isn't allowed to speculate because they are Amplitude VIPs.

Given the amount of pixels spilled on these forums about Humankind from its first announcement, though, not surprised that they 'recruited' from among the Fanatics for people to help hammer out the game . . .

Interesting to see other VIPs around here - AFAIK among people who actively hanging out in this subforum only Narcisse and Elhoim are VIPs. Most of the VIPs are more active on G2G/Discord.

yep, I joined the ViPs program with Lucy OpenDev. I knew than Amplitude was really taking into account critics on CivFan (and the other platforms too btw), but I didn't know we were so much here :eek:

Well, as Vip I can't no more speculate, but it's always a pleasure to share my reactions on the contemporary reveals (on their affinity, unit, quarter choices) because basically, It's always similar to my first thoughts and surprises when I discovered them earlier

Anyone else have saved games that won’t load? Or should I wait past the 8 minute load time.

and no, that's odd. I already got some saves which went into a crash or an error message, but never an infinite loading.

Last edited:
and no, that's odd. I already got some saves which went into a crash or an error message, but never an infinite loading.

Cool, thanks. Expected as much. I thought back over the game in question and I remember seeing a perpetual siege occurring between a my Liege and his other vassal. It seemed odd. Also, my units froze in battle for awhile a few turns prior to the save. Two units had an hour glass above their heads after orders were given. I was able to use the other 6 units and once they completed the trouble units sat there still. They took along time to resolve and it happened instantaneously without animation. Next thing I knew the AI army was responding, but the unit my two stuck units had been ordered to attack was gone.

I was having a blast attempting a comeback. I have preferred the play-throughs in which I struggle hard at the start and attempt to recover. Thanks again.

For what it's worth, my potato of a computer took around 20 - 25 min to start or load a game. It sometimes looks like it's stuck, but it gets there, eventually.

It's worth the wait, but just makes it harder to carve out gaming time. I'll aim to write up some thoughts when I had more time with it.

For what it's worth, my potato of a computer took around 20 - 25 min to start or load a game. It sometimes looks like it's stuck, but it gets there, eventually.

It's worth the wait, but just makes it harder to carve out gaming time. I'll aim to write up some thoughts when I had more time with it.
I have that problem as well... although it runs a lot better than when i did the Lucy (loading was ok, but never finished it because it would hang in game)

Good to know. If I have future issues I will wait a bit longer. I don’t consider my computer to be a potato, but maybe it is, lol. The game start and other saves load time is roughly 1 minute. I am not sure it’s even that long.

Who knows? I think the game is relatively bug free and being an opendev/beta, I expect some issues. Enjoying what I have played so far.

Top Bottom