Hybrid Economy (War included)

Ndynslvr

Chieftain
Hello gentlemen.
I will be hosting my first game on the S&T here and will hopefully provide some good entertainment. Now I usually play peaceful games with cottage economy on emperor level, but this time I hope to try a new strategy, running the hybrid economy with warmongering going on. This will be one hopefully many games I will post on the S&T. I will be playing with the barbarian activity turned off to make the transition to war mongering easier. I will post updates and ask for input every 50 turns.

I will be playing as Gandhi on a low sea level, rocky, huge, big and small map with barbs off and no tech trades and noble difficulty. All victory conditions will be on, except the time victory.

Here is our start

Spoiler :

Attached is the game for those who wish to shadow.

Attachments

• Gandhi BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    85.6 KB · Views: 89
Good luck to you sir, and this should be quite interesting.

Played the game until the 51st turn. Besides meeting Ramesses II and getting 2 free techs and over 300 gold coins from small tribal villages not much happened with my Civilization. I built two workers to improve my lands (built some cottages and farms and mines and for the peasants...) and a settler to gain control of some steak and silk, both luxuries in these harsh times...

But harsh times will be harsh no longer. We are building the Great Wall and we will be expanding to the south (or maybe to the east if any of you feel it is necessary to choke of Ramesses here). Following the Great Wall, we shall have our first Great Person, and following that I intend to build the Great Library. No reason not be friends with the Pharaoh for now. There is plenty of land, and for now things would be better if they are quiet.

Almost too quiet.

There oughtta be another guy out there on our vast continent anyway. There must be.

Oh and btw, I am pleased to announce that we are the second largest civilization in the world. Would be nice if we kept it that way.

Here are the screen shots of the world as we know it. Took me a while to find ramses so forgive me if there is not enough info of his city by turn 51.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

It does seem a little quiet...

Keep rushing the Great Wall, and then you can focus your units on other things rather then holding back the barbarians.

EDIT: Nevermind about the barbs, they are off after all.

The Wall is for the Great Spy, I do tend to run a healthy spy economy, and this is a no-tech-trade game after all.

Expand south. There aren't any (IMO) good city spots near Egypt, but the land to your south is nice. Don't forget about your military, though!

Do you have a current save?

Expand south. There aren't any (IMO) good city spots near Egypt, but the land to your south is nice. Don't forget about your military, though!

Do you have a current save?

I sure do!

Attachments

• Gandhi BC-1960.CivBeyondSwordSave
    141.5 KB · Views: 65
Spoiler :

Thanks for the save.

You might want to improve your military if war is to be involved, though I understand it would be small if you've been training workers.

I will, I will.
While I'm not gonna build a stack yet, I will be sure to have some archers and at least 1 axe-man per city after I erect my fourth city.

Welcome to the forums! :band: :band: :band: :band:

We won't eat you, of course. :mischief:

If anyone tells you that they are more epic than I am, they are lying. Especially if the person's name is Tambien. :D

Here ends another 50 turns. Things are going as planned, it will be full steam ahead from here on out! I have good news gentlemen! Even though we were a bit low in military power at first, I am pleased to announce that we now have both iron and horses! That is certainly good news considering that we have met Shaka, the great warmongering gremlin from hell.

Take a look at this:

Spoiler :

Among Shaka we also came across Charlemagne, Tokugawa, Suryavarman II, and Mansa Musa. Unfortunately our lone scout exploring the continent has not been able to find evidence of any one of those civilizations existing, except for a lone city belonging to Emperor Tokugawa. Perhaps we need more scouts, eh?

Shortly after building our Great Wall and a Library (and running the scientists, of course) in the capital, we had not one but two great spies! With over 200-300 turns left in the game, I was thinking it would be wise to build the Scotland Yard and to settle the other. I seek advice on that matter.

Technology-wise, I researched some military techs (due to my initial scare by Shaka)

Spoiler :

Following mathematics is the calendar (the ruler of this civilization apparently demands fine clothing), and following that will be some spies back filling the tech tree so we can research Monarchy. My civilization has plenty of food and military resources, there is no need that our true power be restricted.

Last but not least here is the diplomacy situation:

Spoiler :

Yea, Mansa Musa is annoyed at nearly half of the people in the continent. The first great war coming soon?

Here is the world as we know it:

Spoiler :

What say, you gents?

I say you need more cities!
* This is very different from the way i play,( aka:- no barb, no thech trading) I normaly trade, attack and demand tribute all the time. To compensate for my usually weak economy :p

I love getting techs from goody huts. Especially when I find an isolated one, and this happens:
The villagers have given you the secrets of a new technology:
Quantum Teleportation!
:lol:

The best you can get is Astronomy.
Unless you are playing a mod, and someone messed with it. In that case, that's just :rolleyes:
I've got a part of railroad from an event from Classical ruins in the unmodded game, though.

I got quantum Teleportation. Of course it's a mod

Yea, Mansa Musa is annoyed at nearly half of the people in the continent. The first great war coming soon?

Good Story :) That seems to always happen in my games too. Everyone hates Mansa, and Mansa hates everyone but me...

I am liking the city naming system.

Nice work so far! And welcome to the forum :xmas:

Top Bottom