I Am Truly Sad

ardandy

Chieftain
I've just asked my wife if she could hold off a few days with giving birth to our first! She's due on the 23rd Sept! :lol:

it'll make all those 3am feeds a little more exciting...
keep the volume down though, or she might twig ;)

(oh, and all the best with the new addition, next gen of civvers)

Being a father myself, all I got to say is you're in luck! She'll be in hospital for days after (a week if it's a slice instead of a push) which gives you PLENTY of time to civ. ;)

My 3rd is due Oct 11th.

Being a father myself, all I got to say is you're in luck! She'll be in hospital for days after (a week if it's a slice instead of a push) which gives you PLENTY of time to civ. ;)

My 3rd is due Oct 11th.

As its a home birth, thats a negatory!

I play my little brother sometimes although he isn't very good. Last time we played I found out he didn't know about the fat cross of workable tiles and was founding cities right next to each other.

I have played my sister who is only a year younger in Age of Empires 2 and never had a challenge. Family LAN parties at my house usually end in me trashing everyone teamed together. My little brother needs to stick to Halo and my Sister needs to go back to Animal Crossing.

I prefer to teach my kids how to play rather than thrash them. Makes for better gaming later.

I prefer to teach my kids how to play rather than thrash them. Makes for better gaming later.

My sister is more than intelligent enough to figure it out. She knows how to play Age of Empires she just isn't very good. My little brother hasn't had as much time to get the hang of civ but I don't leave him wallowing in ignorance. I do explain why his moves are bad. As a note I more often play at a distinct disadvantage or teamed up with my siblings to make it a bit more fair. Only time my brother could stalemate me is on the 18 civ earth map with him as Rome and me as Greece. I gave him a bit too much of an advantage there.

My son was born just days before Baldur's Gate II dropped, which put a serious cramp in my gaming plans. These days though, his computer is in my office with me and we play everything from Worms to WoW together, it's pretty awesome.

My daughter was maybe a month old, and I had her in the crook of my left arm, laptop in my lap, mouse on my right hand, playing Civ.

Good times.

@Dale - only three? Amateur! :p I do like the lan party statement. I usually reply 'Trying to outnumber the idiots!'

My son was born just days before Baldur's Gate II dropped, which put a serious cramp in my gaming plans. These days though, his computer is in my office with me and we play everything from Worms to WoW together, it's pretty awesome.

Me and my brother usually play on the Wii or Xbox. He is quite a bit younger than me (almost 10 years) and I feel old when I tell him "I beat this game before you were born."

I've just asked my wife if she could hold off a few days with giving birth to our first! She's due on the 23rd Sept! :lol:

So you will have double release :D lucky you :crazyeye:
You will see that after born you will be the luckiest man in the world.

I'm still happy after 7months without sleep :p :)cry:)

My daughter was maybe a month old, and I had her in the crook of my left arm, laptop in my lap, mouse on my right hand, playing Civ.
Good times.

Yeah, late nights swinging the kids playing Civ, the time just flew by. I play LAN now with my son, he's close to moving up to Prince level at 12. :crazyeye:

@OP: congratulations, even if you may have to forego the CivV experience.

Congratulations on your first!
Before you know it you'll be on your 12th in no time. :cowboy:

Top Bottom