I am wondering about the AI at war.

nokmirt

Emperor
I am thinking of giving this game another try. Has the AI improved at warfare? Does it build planes and use them against the human player?

The AI has improved at warfare but you do need to play a game or 2 to find this out because you still get the AI doing silly things still and some AI secondary agendas discourage them from building a lot of military. I have seen people berating this tactic but if that civ is far away from you it can snowball in science or culture and be quite hard top stop winning in time. If you get good agressive Civs next to you it can be a nice challenging early game.
The most noticeable improvements are in ranged units. They will move and shoot in the same turn intelligently and will not dumbly advance but often use good terrain and outflanking. They also upgrade slingers to archer quite quickly.

The AI does use planes eventually. Building up an air force does take a while though but yes, I see more airports than planes from what I have seen but I have had cities bombed and land units strafed not often but it does happen.

Hmm... I wrecked Rome and England without problem as Brazil with little army in Prince, and I completely eliminated USA, England, Spain, Sparta, Norway and Rome with Germany on King. Currently destroying China and Kongo, then I'm going to destroy Egypt and Sumeria. I was only defeated by AI twice, once as Spain on King by Sumeria with lots of warcarts as my neighbor, and then by alliance of Sumeria (again with lots of warcarts) and USA as Germany.
In Civ V, England was worthy adversary in my game as Brazil on Prince. And I was totally eliminated as Venice by Russia on King. Oh, and I started to play Civ VI earlier, so I had some skills in wars.
So, I don't think the AI is much better in combat in Civ VI.

Top Bottom