I can't get SQL to work

pagi111

Chieftain
Hi,
I wanted to start my journey with modding Civ 5 but I really cannot get anything to work. Namely, I made a veeery simple mod using Mod Buddy. There's just one SQL file that should change the text of some policy branches.
Code:
-- Policy Patronage
-- Unlock Time
UPDATE PolicyBranchTypes
SET EraPrereq = 'ERA_INDUSTRIAL'
WHERE Type = 'POLICY_BRANCH_PATRONAGE'
--AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_POLICIES' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Language_en_US
SET Text="[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Patronage[ENDCOLOR] DUPADUPA enhances the benefits of City-State friendship.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]Adopting Patronage will cause [ICON_INFLUENCE] Influence with City-States to degrade 25% slower than normal. Unlocks building Orthanc.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]Adopting all policies in the Patronage tree will grant +25% [ICON_RESEARCH] Science from Research Agreements.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE][COLOR_NEGATIVE_TEXT]Patronage can be adopted at the beginning of the game, but further policies require the Philosophy technology.[ENDCOLOR]"/>
WHERE Tag="TXT_KEY_POLICY_BRANCH_PATRONAGE_HELP"/>

UPDATE Language_en_US
SET Text="[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]DUUUPA[ENDCOLOR] DUPADUasdPA enhances the benefits of City-State friendship.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]Adopting Patronage will cause [ICON_INFLUENCE] Influence with City-States to degrade 25% slower than normal. Unlocks building Orthanc.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]Adopting all policies in the Patronage tree will grant +25% [ICON_RESEARCH] Science from Research Agreements.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE][COLOR_NEGATIVE_TEXT]Patronage can be adopted at the beginning of the game, but further policies require the Philosophy technology.[ENDCOLOR]"/>
WHERE Tag="TXT_KEY_POLICY_BRANCH_TRADITION_HELP"/>

I just added a few words to the description taken from LOTR mod for Civ5 (that't what I want to mod in the end), so that I know the mod works. I also chnaged EraPrereq for Patronage.
I added the update database to modinfo and so on:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="e17a60ea-ee5e-40ac-ba2f-a4abdef9fdc9" version="1">
  <Properties>
    <Name>asdsadsa</Name>
    <Stability>Alpha</Stability>
    <Teaser>adsadbhjbjhbjhnb</Teaser>
    <Description>adsadbhjbjhbjhnb</Description>
    <Authors>Admin</Authors>
    <HideSetupGame>0</HideSetupGame>
    <AffectsSavedGames>1</AffectsSavedGames>
    <MinCompatibleSaveVersion>0</MinCompatibleSaveVersion>
    <SupportsSinglePlayer>1</SupportsSinglePlayer>
    <SupportsMultiplayer>1</SupportsMultiplayer>
    <SupportsHotSeat>1</SupportsHotSeat>
    <SupportsMac>1</SupportsMac>
    <ReloadAudioSystem>0</ReloadAudioSystem>
    <ReloadLandmarkSystem>0</ReloadLandmarkSystem>
    <ReloadStrategicViewSystem>0</ReloadStrategicViewSystem>
    <ReloadUnitSystem>0</ReloadUnitSystem>
  </Properties>
  <Dependencies />
  <References />
  <Blocks />
  <Files>
    <File md5="D5030FF31215A015FD1FB7503430C6E5" import="0">dupa/dupa.sql</File>
  </Files>
  <Actions>
    <OnModActivated>
      <UpdateDatabase>dupa/dupa.sql</UpdateDatabase>
    </OnModActivated>
  </Actions>
</Mod>

Funnily enough, when I tried this mod on top of the original LOTR mod then there is a change in the Patronage help text, but not in Tradition and there is no change in prerequisite tech. When I load this mod alone with no other mods active, there are no changes. I have no idea how civ 5 modding works then if these changes are so inconsistent. I've been trying since yesterday for the whole day to get this to work and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong. I haven't really started modding civ5 yet and I already have enough :o I'd really appreciate some help.

Enable logging (see the link in my sig) and you'll get a message about an error near UPDATE. It's rereferring to the first one as you've inadvertently commented out the closing semi-colon (;)
Fix that and you'll get more as you've left the closing part of an xml tag (/>) on four lines (and also omitted the closing semi-colon for the two update text stmts)

Logging is your friend

Edit: I added your sql to my "My Changes Mod" so don't know if your mod is correctly set up. Always a good idea to attach the built mod (see link in my sig) and not just snippets of it (makes it so much easier for us to load the mod)

Top Bottom