I give up

Gorey

Prince
I can't play this game anymore.

I want to, but just can't. The waiting between turns from mid-game on even in standard sized maps is just too freaking long. I'm was in my 5th game, but i quit playing it because the turn times are just too annoying now.

It's just not fun waiting to play.

When im watching more TV than playing (while waiting), it's just not worth it.

And my PC is not aging.

Two advices:

Play in strategic mode.

Play on below immortal (on immortal and above the AI has so many units it really slows the game down.

I get what you mean
Have you put already all the options on the lowest setting possible?

I can't play this game anymore.

I want to, but just can't. The waiting between turns from mid-game on even in standard sized maps is just too freaking long. I'm was in my 5th game, but i quit playing it because the turn times are just too annoying now.

It's just not fun waiting to play.

When im watching more TV than playing (while waiting), it's just not worth it.

And my PC is not aging.

I cant play this game anymore but because is a bored board game, a webgame. Maybe you need a more powerful PC. I know your pc is not aging...

I get what you mean
Have you put already all the options on the lowest setting possible?

It has nothing to do with the graphics. My computer handles it with ease.

It's the logic that happens between turns. It starts out ok, but by 200 turns, it gets frustrating.

I could play a Civ4 standard speed/size map in like 4-6 hours. It's taking me twice that in Civ5.. with 80% of that extra time coming after turn 200.

I know that it isn't Directly related to graphics, but if you put all the Graphics on the Lowest settings, it will help

turn the settings for leader screens down. for some reason, it helps more than turning down other ones.

try gamebooster for a bit more speed

If all else fails, set resolution down.

I'll pass.

How rude. People actually trying to help you out, and you can't even bother giving an excuse. Sort of hard to take you seriously now. How sad your reply to people who are trying to be helpful instead of making fun of you or being condensending to you, but you in return are rude to others.

Oh well, as much as I hate to say this, since you do not want to take any advice, Bye bye, catch you later when you come back.

What is Gamebooster?

Where did you get this from? I don't see anyone mentioning Gamebooster. If it is anything I am using, I believe it frees up memory on the computer by shutting uneeded programs so the computer runs a bit faster. Not shure in what context you got this from, so I could be wrong.

I have an average computer and have not run into to slow of turns althogh I dont play on the largest map size

play on standard map sizes, my computer is decent and it has problems with the biggest maps

if your concerned about the map being too small to play on, play a landlocked map with low amounts of water, that way you will have just as much room to play on

How rude. People actually trying to help you out, and you can't even bother giving an excuse.

I didn't post this thread to get help. See the title? It says i give up.

I'm not going to change the way i want to play civ because the game starts chugging halfway through it.

I'm done until it's improved.

I'm with you. I bought a new computer to play this game. It looks great and runs fine until i hit the industrial age and then I spend a lot of time looking at my watch. I could play on lower settings but I find much of the diplomacy and challenge is removed if i do.

See, this is what happens when the Saints get good and win the Superbowl. You guys used to able to put up with all kinds of hardship, but now you've gone soft ;)

Geez, you shouldn't have to play in strategic mode or turn graphics down to NES style to play a game. Perhaps a patch will help the hog inside V.

Top Bottom