I hate doing tutorial

luke2345

Warlord
I have done the tutorial 3 times and I dont want to have to do the tutorial every time I start a game.:mad::mad::mad:

Then hit Q when you start a new game to skip it.

Yeah.... just press Q, and you'll skip the tutorial. I think they really do need to make that clear though in that message, as I don't recall seeing that stated anywhere in the game itself.

Its stated in the tutorial itself somewhere near the bottom that you can quit it using Q.

if you quit all the tutorials, do you get the rewards anyways? Is it worth it to do the tutorials for the rewards?

yes, when you quit tutorials, it gives you the production you would get through free builds and the great people you would get. not sure on the fame points tho.

I wouldn't mind the tutorials so much if they didn't allow you to quit. I could live with doing the tutorial to give the exploiters more of a hassle when they join/quit/rejoin

You even get one free Gem for your throne room on every "Q" you quit per game.

I wouldn't mind the tutorials so much if they didn't allow you to quit. I could live with doing the tutorial to give the exploiters more of a hassle when they join/quit/rejoin

Me too, but at least when they join and quit, they can't rejoin that game with that account. That's something my wife learned the hard way when she quit the game I was in because my civ was full instead of waiting for an opening. After she quit, she couldn't even see that game on her list, no matter how many other games she deleted from the list. Sending her an invite didn't even put it back on her list.

If they didn't allow you to quit games immediately after joining while forcing you to do the tutorial, I'd never play again. When a game ends and I need to start a new one, often it takes forever for me to find a room that isn't unplayably laggy. So you're saying I'd have to stick in a room that, because of others, is so slow that it takes 5-10 minutes between when I click "Join" to become part of a civ and when the game actually places me in that civ? Or where I click to buy something in the market that I have the gold for and the game briefly shows that I bought it, but then "refunds" my purchase while I see the price of the item go up, and get infinite nagging messages that I don't have enough gold, even though I did, and someone some number of minutes prior bought the same item, driving the price up beyond what I had and don't see it until after I make the purchase? Or I make a move in the cultural puzzle, and the move registers, but shortly after it's undone as if I never did it to begin with (which is doubly painful in the highest puzzle-swap contest, which often becomes a matter of the winner being the first to get a 5x double-swap, and then seeing my 125 get erased and someone else getting it)?

Sorry..... I don't think so.

If they didn't allow you to quit games immediately after joining while forcing you to do the tutorial, I'd never play again. When a game ends and I need to start a new one, often it takes forever for me to find a room that isn't unplayably laggy. So you're saying I'd have to stick in a room that, because of others, is so slow that it takes 5-10 minutes between when I click "Join" to become part of a civ and when the game actually places me in that civ? Or where I click to buy something in the market that I have the gold for and the game briefly shows that I bought it, but then "refunds" my purchase while I see the price of the item go up, and get infinite nagging messages that I don't have enough gold, even though I did, and someone some number of minutes prior bought the same item, driving the price up beyond what I had and don't see it until after I make the purchase? Or I make a move in the cultural puzzle, and the move registers, but shortly after it's undone as if I never did it to begin with (which is doubly painful in the highest puzzle-swap contest, which often becomes a matter of the winner being the first to get a 5x double-swap, and then seeing my 125 get erased and someone else getting it)?

Sorry..... I don't think so.
I think your getting confused with quitting the application where what is meant is quitting the individual game. They are saying you can not quit an individual game and rejoin the exact same game but rather you will have to pick another individual game. If you do mean quitting an individual game then what is the problem?

No, I'm not talking about quitting the application. They're saying they should force you to be unable to quit the game until after you complete the tutorial, but if some individual games are SO laggy (while others are not, simply due to who is in them and their connections), why should one be forced to suffer thru that (and which would render the tutorial next to unplayable as well)?

No, I'm not talking about quitting the application. They're saying they should force you to be unable to quit the game until after you complete the tutorial, but if some individual games are SO laggy (while others are not, simply due to who is in them and their connections), why should one be forced to suffer thru that (and which would render the tutorial next to unplayable as well)?

Ok I got confused because you didn't quote the earlier post and it looked like you were responding to the post just before yours. That is why it did not seem to make sense.

In any case I don't think they are really advocating that. It seems they are more commenting on the concept of how it would be nice for things to be more difficult for exploiters rather than anything else.

Top Bottom