I knew the AI was bad, but this is ridiculous...

Great khan just luring you into a trap, once you step into their land, those worker, warrior and scout will turn into giant death robots. thats what CiV dev. called AI advance tactical strategy.

:lol:

Haven't seen anything like this before. Mind you I've only played 320 hours worth...

I guess that it happens quite often, but rarely badly playing AI survives so far.
In most cases other AI's or human player wipes them off early in the game.

If han is meant to be wonder spamming, why hasnt he bothered to at least improve the marble?

When human players play a wonder spam, they still improve their land!

In defence of the AI, let me act as the Devil's Advocate.

Human players sometimes become obsessed with building wonders, and neglect other things, like military units and workers. If an AI reflects this behaviour on occasion, then it is being a good (ie human like) AI.

AI reflecting stupid Human Behaviour is NOT good AI...

Something is clearly wrong here. Notice that the AI has not even developed his lands. I have played a lot of games and I have have not seen anything like this before.

Worth to notice though: This is not standard AI behaviour.

My theory is that the AI random behaviour flags got a really bad distribution.

Right something is not right in this situation. In the game I am playing it has been loads of fun. I play on standard large, or huge maps, that could be why. I would not even waste time on a tiny map. The thing I don't understand is why the Mongol lasted as long as he did. I would have taken him out long ago to control the continent. I wonder if some pc's play the game different or something. I have heard of people having crashes. Maybe you need more power there Scotty. :)

I have a screen pic and savegame in on prince, standard, random map (continents) where it's 1999, I am B17ing and Jetfightering the world into submission.

Ramses has like 8 cities on his home continent, one worker, and one improvement on spices.

No mines, no farms, or TPs. His worker is currently connecting his cities with railroads. I don't know what he was doing for the rest of those 6 millenia, but it looks a lot like this.

I don't have a place to post a URL or a savegame but there is something going wrong in a manner similar to this.

I have a screen pic and savegame in on prince, standard, random map (continents) where it's 1999, I am B17ing and Jetfightering the world into submission.

Ramses has like 8 cities on his home continent, one worker, and one improvement on spices.

No mines, no farms, or TPs. His worker is currently connecting his cities with railroads. I don't know what he was doing for the rest of those 6 millenia, but it looks a lot like this.

I don't have a place to post a URL or a savegame but there is something going wrong in a manner similar to this.
Just post a screenshot here, using the "attachment" tool.

Attached is the image and savegame.

I didn't see any improvements but hovered over the spices in the top left and found they were improved. Maybe that is all he needed. At first I thought he didn't have a worker, and then I saw him digging a railroad at the bottom.

As far as I know, the map updates with improvements and new cities even though you haven't re-scouted the area.

Attachments

• ramses.jpg
    ramses.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Washington_ramsey.Civ5Save
    652.4 KB · Views: 68
Attached is the image and savegame.

I didn't see any improvements but hovered over the spices in the top left and found they were improved. Maybe that is all he needed. At first I thought he didn't have a worker, and then I saw him digging a railroad at the bottom.

As far as I know, the map updates with improvements and new cities even though you haven't re-scouted the area.

The thing that caught my attention was the useless settler this late in the game.

That's wrong. It only updates if you can see it.

That's wrong. It only updates if you can see it.

Are you sure about that? I know you can see new cities even if you haven't re-scouted. Anyway, I have my destroyers there and it looks like he only built one improvement the entire game.

Are you sure about that? I know you can see new cities even if you haven't re-scouted. Anyway, I have my destroyers there and it looks like he only built one improvement the entire game.

It will update cities and even borders, but not improvements. I don't think it shows clearing of land either.

I saw that screen shot and started laughing. Hard. I haven't even seen the AI play like that on Prince.

Top Bottom