i know its CRAZY

daladinn

Prince
i read a PM from calb and i thought it better to at least mention the answer for others to read also ....

balseraphs have this nice cool way to "train" troops. they call it the arena. 50% chance to kill the unit , 50% chance to gain xp.

for those of you who did not catch the patch notes. the order priests get a new promotion. basically when an order priest dies it passes its xp along to another unit in the stack.

i will admit that i have NOT play tested this though. but it seems to be like a great way to level up priests.

this does get better the more xp your disciples start with.

Well, Spirit Guide will pass half of the XP of the unit who dies to a random unit on the same tile. So it isn't quite perfect, but it is a nice combination.

Other nice tricks are building Soul Forge & Mokka's Cauldron in the city that you are cranking people through the Arena. Then each death nets you Production and a Flesh Golem.

ok , i tried this to verify. seems that disciples cant participate in the arena.

it would have been fun but does not actually work.

Yeah, since arenas only let recon and melee units fight you need both a Reliquary and an Arena to exploit this; of course, since these are UBs of different civs, the only way to do that it to cheat.

*sigh* There goes any possibility of the ghost of a grizzled yet strangely paternal arena veretan appearing to a promising up-and-coming young fighter and helping him win the prize money needed to cure his innocent sweet-hearted blind parapalegic and terminally-ill little sister. It would have grossed millions...

I do like the idea of putting the Soul Forge and Mokka's Cauldron next to the Arena, though. "It's the ultimate Prize Fight! The battle for the championship... and for YOUR SOUL!"

As a random note, slaves can fight in the arena, too, and if they win they get upgraded to melee types. I think mine were turning into swordsmen but I didn't have Mimics yet so it's possible that they'd upgrade to Mimics if you have the tech. Between taskmasters, courtesans, and the Council of Esus slave trade, that's a very cheap way to get, well, 0 promotion cannon fodder. But still!

Oh, I thought he was saying you could get XP for slaves via the arena and then upgrade them. That's pretty cool that slaves upgrade to true melee units.

mutation for start, then arena.

Arena count:

1024 units go to arena
number of runs - survivors - how many times they get xp
  1. 512 get 1
  2. 256 get 2
  3. 128 get 3
  4. 64 get 4
  5. 32 get 5
  6. 16 get 6
  7. 8 get 7
  8. 4 get 8
  9. 2 gets 9
  10. 1 gets 10

These are the classical results. Choose the number of units you want to train or the amount of times you want them to get xp and run the arena accordingly. Don't forget to divide the 1024 by the number of units you have.

Bingo: an easy way to count roughly how much you risk

Top Bottom