I screwed up Firefox (but it's fixed now).

aimeeandbeatles

watermelon
I had a theme installed, and it was open-source. So I renamed it to a ZIP, opened it up, and edited one of the graphics. Then renamed it back to an XPI file. But when I opened up Firefox, it came out a bunch of garbage, at the top of the screen was just a bunch of icons. So I got into safe mode and uninstalled it and now it's working again.

Any ideas what I did wrong? My guess is that the ZIP file was the wrong type.

You messed around with files without knowing how the structure of the archive worked and how the whole thing worked?

Well, I did google it first. It said to rename the JAR file to a zip. But there wasn't a JAR file, but an XPI. So I googled XPI and it said it's just a zip file. So I renamed it, opened it up and found it worked, edited the graphic, then renamed it back to an XPI. And that's when the weirdness happened.

How on earth do you graphically edit a *.zip file?

How on earth do you graphically edit a *.zip file?

I had a theme installed, and it was open-source. So I renamed it to a ZIP, opened it up, and edited one of the graphics. Then renamed it back to an XPI file. But when I opened up Firefox, it came out a bunch of garbage, at the top of the screen was just a bunch of icons. So I got into safe mode and uninstalled it and now it's working again.

Any ideas what I did wrong? My guess is that the ZIP file was the wrong type.

Any questions? :scan:

Ok my confusion came from the wording in the second paragraph.

Top Bottom