I support SOPA

Seriously. I don't understand the hype about SOPA and the resistance :confused:

I'm an European and i can only see SOPA as very positive thing :p

Why ?

Simple. Getting out all the big IT companies from the USA means those companies are going to other countries, which means huge investments in those countries.

So, if Americans are gifting us many new jobs, what's so bad about that ? If other EU countries will not want them, will take them for sure, i can guarantee, we have like 20% unemployed, so some new investments wouldn't hurt :mischief:

I'd even suggest Americans should widen the scale of SOPA, so the censorship would be placed on all the media formats, for example, movies, music, etc, as you know that would be quite fancy to relocate businesses like Hollywood to Europe :D :)

So, dear Americans, if your freely voted goverment has decided for such a generous gift to other countries, please, don't resist. After all, if you don't like USA, you can emmigrate elsewhere, you are all immigrants after all and we will welcome you home, the lost sons and daughters of Europe :king:

SOPA :thumbsup:

But do you use the services of websites hosted in the U.S. where users can freely upload content? Google Anything, Yahoo Anything, Microsoft websites? It could be that this legislation would mean files you attached to e-mails would have to be manually inspected before the e-mail could be sent. Or received by anyone with an e-mail account with an American company. Chances are even if your internet services are completely outside of the U.S., not all of your friends's are.

Oh, and CFC is also based in the U.S., by the way. I'm sure the moderators would love having to manually approve every post that contained a link to anywhere and being held legally responsible if they missed something.

But the legislation probably would result in the E.U., South America, Africa, and parts of Asia gaining considerably in technology influence. It might also result in noticeable brain drain/gain. Though it's not quite fair to say European countries as a whole welcome immigrants with open arms - though Latvia might. But even if medium-term you'd have some economic gain, you'd have quite an upheaval in the short term, and quite likely some other countries would adopt similar measures - India being one of the more likely cases.

You're so brave for posting that on the internet.

Is the OP a parody?

Not sure if serious. :hmm:

you'd have quite an upheaval in the short term
There's no gain without some pain ;)

I could wait some years without internet at all, if needed. I like reading books and playing boardgames too, not just PC games :)

I'm a chronic unemployed, without a constant job for many years, my debts are growing all the time, i'm more like a financially chained serf, and i have many friends like myself. You know, i'd even support a war, if that would promise help to escape our probable demise of all our country :salute:

So, no, i'm happy about SOPA, i'm not kidding :)

Nolifers/geeks can rage all they want about SOPA, but none of them will ever be man enough to express that rage face to face to a many-years-unemployed, who has not much to lose :trouble:

So up USA as much as you like, dear USA voters/sovereign, i encourage you :goodjob:

Moderator Action: Inappropriate word deleted. It is against the rules to use symbols or characters to fool the auto-censor. We try to maintain a family friendly site so please watch the language.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

There's no gain without some pain ;)

I could wait some years without internet at all, if needed. I like reading books and playing boardgames too, not just PC games :)

I'm a chronic unemployed, without a constant job for many years, my debts are growing all the time, i'm more like a financially chained serf, and i have many friends like myself. You know, i'd even support a war, if that would promise help to escape our probable demise of all our country :salute:

So, no, i'm happy about SOPA, i'm not kidding :)

Nolifers/geeks can rage all they want about SOPA, but none of them will ever be man enough to express that rage face to face to a many-years-unemployed, who has not much to lose :trouble:

So <snip? up USA as much as you like, dear USA voters/sovereign, i encourage you :goodjob:

I still am not entirely convinced you aren't a parody/troll.

Top Bottom