I want to know your opinions

Timo33

Chieftain
Hello guys =)

I started an Emperor game as Peter of Russia, and i wanted to know how you would play in my situation.

Here's what happened:
It's a fractal map, and i share a continent with Shaka and Pacal. Shaka was awfully close to my borders, even at turn 1, so i decided to rush him. I took 2 cities, razed 1, and now Shaka is out of the game.

Now, I can just peacefully continue, settle some cities since i have a lot of land now that Shaka's gone; or i can try to grab TGL/Parthenon, which was my plan when i saw i got Peter (but no marble); or i can continue in war mode and attack/destroy Pacal with either axes or HA (id need HBR for that though).

Either of these choices are good (i think), and i'd be in a winning position in any case. But i just wanted to know what you guys prefer in general. Land, wonder/eco-tech lead, or annihilation of opponents in order to get land-tech lead eventually

His favorite civic is Hereditary Rule so with that and religion you can get him to friendly. That way you can trade techs - with 2 early wars, lots of cities and maintenance you could fall behind the other AIs if you have to self-tech everything. Well, if they all have contact and like each other that is.

Also remember Pacal's UU is a spearman so I'd choose axes to attack (if you do) rather than teching HR and going HAs. But really there is no hurry to take him out - he'll be a decent trading partner once friendly and you already have Shaka's land and capital - shouldn't be hard to conquer Pacal later right before contact w/ other AIs. Your tech rate should be better that way.

Mmh yeah, you're right. I'll follow your advice, thanks for your answer =)

Top Bottom