I won conquest and domination on the same turn!

Archbob

Ancient CFC Guardian
Huge map, tiny islands settings. Warlord(yeah, it wasn't that hard to win). So I left all victory conditions on and i got conquest and domination on the same turn. I got 56.12% of land area the same turn as I eliminated the last enemy city making me achieve conquest and domination on the same turn.

This was possible because Civ4 counts all those impassable ice areas as "land" so its actually really hard to get 56% land area without basically conquering everyone. Here's the save game.

This save is right before I take the last Malinese city(you can take it this turn and see if you want).

Those foolish civilizations could not stand next to the might of the PROC and the mighy Hu Jingtao!

Attachments

• conquest.Civ4SavedGame
    806.1 KB · Views: 54
Conquest + domination on the same turn isn't that uncommon with vassals. When you vassal someone, half their territory and pop go towards your domination limit, and you get a conquest victory when the last free AI vassals to you. So capitulating someone with 20% of the world's land gives you 10% land towards victory and reduces the number of "surviving" AIs by one.

Conquest + domination on the same turn isn't that uncommon with vassals. When you vassal someone, half their territory and pop go towards your domination limit, and you get a conquest victory when the last free AI vassals to you. So capitulating someone with 20% of the world's land gives you 10% land towards victory and reduces the number of "surviving" AIs by one.

This isn't BTS, its vanilla, you can't vassal people. Its pure conquest, I killed everyone.

No, only the conquest one plays unfortunately. I think if both happen on the same turn, conquest triggers first, before the game checks for domination victory conditions.

I wonder if I can get more than 2 on the same turn?

The Culture one would be hard to time.

1. Nearly conquer; leave only one civ alive, with only one city. Put "garrison" troops around that city to keep it from doing anything (or just found cities around it).
2. Generate a ton of Great Artists while teching towards a spaceship victory, and getting a bunch of culture in two cities (and some culture in a third).
3. Build a ton of settlers, and scatter them around the empty area of the map.
4. Launch the spaceship.
5. Same turn SS will arrive, settle all those cities, generate great works in your third cultural city to push it to Legendary, and attack and kill the last surviving AI. SS, Domination, Cultural, and Conquest.

1. Nearly conquer; leave only one civ alive, with only one city. Put "garrison" troops around that city to keep it from doing anything (or just found cities around it).
2. Generate a ton of Great Artists while teching towards a spaceship victory, and getting a bunch of culture in two cities (and some culture in a third).
3. Build a ton of settlers, and scatter them around the empty area of the map.
4. Launch the spaceship.
5. Same turn SS will arrive, settle all those cities, generate great works in your third cultural city to push it to Legendary, and attack and kill the last surviving AI. SS, Domination, Cultural, and Conquest.

6. make sure the space ship arrives on 2050AD --> +Time victory

Hmmm, I know you can't do a diplo win with the AP if you need only your own vote to win, Is it the same for the UN? If not:

7, Build the UN on a turn so that a (diplo win) vote comes up on the next-to-last turn --> +Diplomatic victory

You can't do this, once you get 36% of population and 56% of land, you win domination. You need to leave more than 1 city, much more.

You can't do this, once you get 36% of population and 56% of land, you win domination. You need to leave more than 1 city, much more.

Only if you settle all the land you conquer. Just raze a bunch of cities and leave the land empty and you won't hit the domination land limit.

Only if you settle all the land you conquer. Just raze a bunch of cities and leave the land empty and you won't hit the domination land limit.

Its actually really hard to time 56% on the exact turn you win the other conditions also, the AI will somehow settle on these spots if you raze them.

The AI won't settle the empty land if you surround its only remaining city with troops ;-).

Edited to correct typo.

Top Bottom