[C3C] Idea for Government name

Cimbri

Deity
Hi,

I am working on a small mod that features a series of scenarios set in the Middle Ages primarily focusing on Middle Eastern dynasties and empires.

Up until recently, Governments was represented as Religion; Sunni Islam, Latin Christianity, Buddhism, etc. But I recently decided to replace it with something else – the state of the realm:

• Interregnum (representing Anarchy)
  • Ascendancy (representing a rising power, cheap units, minimal corruption)
  • Apogee (A realm at the height of its power, for instance the Seljuqs in 1081)
  • Stagnancy (A stagnant realm that is on the verge of decline; Fatimids in 1081)
  • Decline (a collapsing realm, many deficiencies; high corruption, unit cost etc.)
  • Resurgence (a government that can be researched and used by a Civ that has a “bad” government, like Stagnancy or Decline)

But what could be a good name for a government (or state of the realm) for a Civ that is not exactly a rising power or at the apogee of its power, nor declining? Like a barbarian tribe or minor kingdom just minding its own business?

I really like "Interregnum" as an alternative to "Anarchy." As for your question - how about simple "Stability"?

Hi Ozzy :)

Yeah, me too. I have actually used Interregnum for a decade at least. Often as a replacement for despotism (i.e. the default gov) with Coup d'état representing anarchy.

By the way, Stability is the working title of the government name I am asking for. I might go with that in the end, I was just wondering if anyone had a better name to represent such a period in a Kingdom.

:wavey: I went digging, and in The Republic, Plato suggested a type of government called "timocracy" -. government by the honored or valued. ( I did say "digging," right :D ?) Also, although it's possibly far off-base, but for whatever reason, La Serenissima - "The Most Serene," a "nickname" for Venice at its peak - came to mind; ergo, "Serene." Perhaps a bit smug, but it might - just arguably, perhaps, maybe - be how such a power views itself (in turn, I could readily imagine it used as a mockery by other powers.) I'll keep digging :coffee:

... & I'd also forgotten how much I enjoyed using emojis!

Thanks guys, I kinda like Sufficiency and Serene.

I am also working with Placid, Struggling, Prevailing, Enduring

So these will be the available gov's:

• Interregnum
  • ?
  • Stagnancy
  • Decline
  • Vassalage
  • Resurgence
  • Ascendancy
  • Apogee

And maybe Fierce, Bellicose, Truculent, Belligerent or Pugnacious for a barbarian tribal civ.

Top Bottom