Idea: Four Superpowers

kairob

Biohazard
I've had an idea for a multiplayer game involving four large superpowers to see how it would pan out. I'm looking for volunteers to play, over the next few days, large contiguous empires (as opposed to maritime ones).

The teams I thought most suitable would be France/Germany, Russia, Turkey and the USA, as these seem good for a large contiguous empire. Obviously, if someone wants to play as another CIV that they think would be better then that would be perfectly okay.

I currently have a volunteer for the USA (killerkebab) and I will personally lead whichever team doesn't get picked. Although, I would rather not be the continental European team as I would be least good at that...

So, if anyone fancies playing, feel free to make a post saying which CIV you would like to play as. I was thinking of starting early evening tomorrow (probably around 4PM GMT). Although later spawning CIVs may have to wait after that, everyone should join up to the hamachi network at that time so we know we can all connect.

Thanks in response for any replies. :)

I could play either Russia or Germany. France would seem a rather bad choice for continental power, Germany can do much better stability-wise with conquering parts of Europe.

I guess it was a too short notice, if last week you would have said "lets play tomorrow" I couldn't have the time to prepare for it, it was good that we prepared about 4 days early. So lets just for now wait until more people post that they want to join in on this MP game and only after that we'll each post the times we can play so we can choose the best time for it.

I would be interested in trying out an RFC MP game. Probably as Turkey.

Seems we have 4 players, I'm available most of the day, so micbic if you are too I'd suggest we'll start tomorrow at say 5 PM GMT?

OK. Well thats all four then!
So here are the players:
micbic - Turkey
KillerKebab - USA
BurnEmDown - Germany or Russia
Kairob - Germany or Russia.

So as I said I am available Monday to Thursday but not weekends.
When is everyone else available?
BirnEmDown, do you want Germany or Russia?

EDIT: Crosspost with Burn

I can't do tomorrow evening, but I can do Monday.

Monday 5PM GMT it is then?

I think I'll take Russia :)
Edit: I actually meant Sunday, but if anyone objects I have no problem waiting till Monday. Oh and KillerKebab I'm guessing you'll want to play a different civ until America spawns, If so I'd suggest Mali or Khmer or Vikings if you don't want to meddle too much with the world-wide power balance :p

Ok so I'll be germany. :)

Looking forward to the game. Micbic, I'll email you the details to the Hamachi Network. :)

Micbic, if the others don't mind it might be useful for you to play as Arabia before switching to Turkey, as then we would have a player in from the 600ad start.

Secondly Killerkebab, if you fancy playing another civ whilst waiting for america that would be fine but please do not play as a euro civ, as that would mess up my area of influence before I even started. (Like if I played as Aztec when your america)

What about taking permanently Arabia and not switching to Turkey?
And what is Hamachi Network? :confused: (edit: think i've got it)

micbic that's fine by me but I really think Turkey is stronger than Arabia when looking at their potential. I Turkey as the potential to invade Germany and Russia, and Arabia has a much weaker potential doing so. If you'd like to play Arabia then there's no problem at all and you should start playing when you have some free time even before the designated time (the game will officially start when Germany spawns and kairob joins).
And Hamachi is a program that links our computers together to make them "think" we are connected by LAN, that makes it easier to connect via IP and things like that.

The problem in that case is that I may ''cheat'' in building the Arabia in a such way (ie troop empty), so Turkey exploits it and captures it.
Re: Hamachi: Do I need download it?

re: playing a civ before I join the Americans, is it still wrong to join a civ that typically builds cities in America, such as England? More often than not when I play USA in SP, the cities that flip to me on the east coast are awful :p

I mean, I don't mind playing someone else entirely - hell I'll even wait until 1775 if you want :)

micbic yes you have to download it, just google "hamachi" and you should find the main page with links to download.
As for Arabia, if you guys think it'll be too much of a "giving yourself free gifts" I could play Japan instead, until Russia spawns. By then kairob will be in the game and we shall both play until the Turkish spawn
micbic I'd suggest playing mali and killer maybe you could play the Inca. What do you guys say?

I thought that letting you play as Arabia would let you chose better city placement for when you spawn as turkey instead of leaving it up to the AI.

I am OK with that.

Top Bottom