Ideology mod?

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
Is it possible for a mod concerning ideologies be created?

Forgive me for my English.

I am interested in looking for a mod component relating to ideologies. Does one exist?

Your english isn't the issue, it's how you don't explain anything about what you're looking for. Are you looking for a mod that adds new ideologies? changes existing ideologies? adds new ideological tenents? changes existing ideological tenents? changes the names of the ideologies? changes when ideologies come into play? etc. etc.

I apologize for the inconvenience it must be for you to explain that to me. I'm looking for anything that adds new ideologies to the table.

I ask this if the addition of new ideologies was possible and see if others have done it before as I am interested in make 3 new separate ideologies for the Information Era: Environmentalism, Corporatism, and Isolationism.

If it were inconventient, I wouldn't take the time.

Now that I - or we, as the community - know what you're after, I can at least say that the type of mod you're looking for isn't something that's yet been done. Unfortunately, ideologies are quite hardcoded to the existing three, so it wouldn't be possible with DLL edits - and modders of the DLL are a rare breed. So, sad to say, no one has done this before, and I'm not sure that anyone is able to.

I didn't mean to come off as disparaging, but it's always best to explain yourself fully when wanting to know something.

Thank you for your time. I best be looking into it.

See also the discussion in this thread, about why you can't add a 4th ideology and just expect the AI to use it

Well, I planned to make a complete separate ideology branch (Analyzing the code based off the original ideology). By doing that, I can assign a new button in the culture overview and act as if there's the "new ideologies" are actually a new feature to which the AI can be flavored(Preferred Autocracy also prefers Environmentalism, Preferred Order also prefers Mercantilism, and Preferred Freedom also prefers corporatism) to since they SHOULD be able to work exactly like ideologies while also being compatible with custom civilizations. I hope using DLL of course.

Top Bottom