If Genghis Khan (Mongolia) was released as a DLC civ...

If Genghis Khan (Mongolia) was released as a DLC civ...

• $0 (free) (I would not buy it for any price)

Votes: 81 28.9%
  • $0.01 to $0.50

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • $0.51 to $1.00

Votes: 26 9.3%
  • $1.01 to $2.00

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • $2.01 to $4.00

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • $4.01 to $6.00

Votes: 50 17.9%
  • $6.01 to $8.00

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • $8.01 to $10.00

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • $10.01 to $15.00

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • $15.01 to $20.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $20.01 or more

Votes: 14 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PieceOfMind

Drill IV Defender
Retired Moderator
Update: 19/10: In an attempt to prevent the recent news biasing the poll result, I've closed the poll.

If Genghis Khan was released as a DLC civ (for civ5), how much would you be prepared to pay for it?

Note I am not asking how much you would like to pay but you much you would. Prices are in $US dollars.

Assume it's not bundled with anything else - it's just the single civ with its leader and unique units/buildings and associated art/audio files etc.

I second that.
I would not waste money on table scraps.

I want a proper expansion with new game concepts, several new civs and additional unique units and buildings for the existing civs.
For a single civ as DLC I would pay less than a one dollar.

The Spanish are more important to me, but for the sake of the poll I assumed you mean any popular missing civ.

I voted 4-6$. That's 3-4€ and therefore a drink in a bar. I'd drink a beer less for up to three civs I'm really missing. I'd find it annoying, but I'd do it, if I'm honest.

The reason I've put Genghis Khan as the subject of the poll (rather than just any civ) is that based on the available evidence it looks like he is the leader most likely to be added via DLC. (early previews of the game and the Mogolia.mp3 file suggest Genghis/Mongolia have been worked on)

$0.

Put new leaders in a full-fledged expansion pack, then I'll pay.

Expansion packs are dead. Thats something from the 90ies. I know Civ4 had to. But since DLC become used widespread (consoles!), thats the way to go.

Stuff will come in bit by bit for more money you was used to.

I am cool with that. I am voting with my wallet here. I buy A LOT of games. (Have a decent PC, PS3, 360). Civ5 will hold for 4-5 years I guess, and I am willing to sink a lot of money into it. Civ4 is still my most played game on Steam.

1) Stuff will come in bit by bit for more money you was used to.

2) I am cool with that. I am voting with my wallet here. I buy A LOT of games. (Have a decent PC, PS3, 360).

3) Civ5 will hold for 4-5 years I guess. I am willing to sink a lot of money into it. Civ4 is still my most played game.

1) I bet they can't offer espionage as DLC. Too much balancing need, to complicated in multiplayer. Gameplay changes will come more bundled, independent on how they name it.

2) Quite the arrogant statement, no?

3) There are only very few games I'd consider to buy DLC for. Usually only those where I joined the community like here. Proven games that keep me busy for ages.

I'll just wait for them to group up a ton of DLC into a large bundle that is essentially an expansion pack and buy that on sale some time.

I don't like tons of little purchases, they are harder to keep track of. I might even just play vanilla for a few years then get Complete on sale when it's out.

No more than a € but only if it was a really cool Civ... like Scotland.

edit: Two people said they'd pay more than 20 bucks :eek:

I opted for nothing, as there's no option for "I'd only buy it as part of a full expansion". As others have said, I'm not keen on micro transactions like this, release a worthy expansion pack with several civs and new game concepts a-la Civ4.

Meh, nothing. Mind you, I'm not averse to the concept of DLC, but it has to feel more than a random snippet. I'd only buy something as a civilization under two conditions:
  • It contains more stuff (e.g. a civ + map + scenario combo)
  • It's cheap (~2-3$), while there's something else that's interesting (like map/scenario, mod etc.), so I can just put it into the checkout as little side-order (like you pick up a chocolate bar when you buy groceries etc.)

Cheers, LT.

For 2-4 I would totally buy I think. Though I would also pay 4-6 I assume, so that is what I voted. Though both seems a little like a rip-off and my opinion may change in the future.
However, in any case I would wait at first and hope for a leaders pack / expansion / whatever in the future.

It actually seems I can't give an actual answer after all.

I answered *zero*, because I already paid for it with the D2D deluxe offer (I assumed Mongolia would be in the 1st DLC, I may be wrong though).

If I had not, well, my answer would still be zero, I would just wait for the expansion pack.

And IF there's no expansion pack, well... 2 EUR max, which would equal to 3 USD max.

For just one Civ? Anything above $5 seems a bit much for just one Civ. Add on a few more and/or a new game mechanic and I'd gladly pay $15.

Not gonna pay any money for 1 civ.

If they do a pack of 6 new civs for 10$ i would buy it.

People that are willing to spend 5 or 10 dollars for 1 civ are insane imho.

Top Bottom