If postcount doesn't count...

zxcvbnm

The Nobody
... why don't forum games count to postcount, while some equally "nonsense" in humour&jokes or OT counts?

Everyone keeps talking how "postcount is overrated" "it doesn't tell anything" etc. yet there is a minority who is discriminated in this thing which doesn't really mean anything according to many people, often the mods also.

If the postcount doesn't really mean anything, then why are some discriminated?

Maybe postcount in Forum Games doesn't count if the poster has more than 30 posts. Forum Games could help some people get 30 posts and a custom avatar that way.

Oh, please no! :eek: I'd hate to see what disgracefully high level my postcount would reach if Forum Games counted.

Seriously, there's enough spam in that forum as it is, what with all the endless pictures of anti-tank guns and arguing over what tense wishes should be wished in, and it's only the lack of PC that keeps it at a manageable level: imagine if the real hardcore spammers were rewarded for posting there. It would be chaos, and all the proper games would get caught in the crossfire.

I think postcount should be kept, but only count in the civ related forums. This is a civ site afterall.

We should most defenately keep the post counts.

Postcounts are not counted in forum games due to it's spammyness.

I still remember the Great Post Count Protest one year :D.

I think postcount should be kept, but only count in the civ related forums. This is a civ site afterall.
But it isn't only a civ site. There's some very good forums outside of civ here and they should be recognized.

Forum games shouldn't be put toward postcount, because I could write a program that makes valid posts there, it requires no brains.

after a few 10s of 1000s of posts you finally learn to not care about it much. :p

i disagree with having any section with post count turned off because it causes hard feeling for no return.

I support post count in OT and most other fora.

Not surprisingly OT posters flocks to mention that OT should keep it's pc. :p

I agree with that. But I don't really care about the subject one way or another...

If postcount doesn't count, why have it at all? :p

Top Bottom