IGN: 2K Reveals Civilization Mobile Game, Moves to Calm Concern It May Impact Civilization 7

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

I first need to read the article to make a summary, but here, have the thread already.

EDIT: The game is called "Civilization: Eras & Allies", and apparently a re-branding of an already existing game called "Conquests and Alliances", a 4X empire builder.
So this is not something actually really new.

From the IGN artcile:
"As we announced earlier this year, Firaxis Games is in active development on the next iteration of the legendary Civilization franchise. We are working with an external partner specializing in mobile social strategy games to develop Civilization: Eras & Allies."

It should also be pointed out that IGN calls it Civ7, and that whoever from Firaxis spoke calls it again the "next iteration".

EDIT: I pulled up a random video from the game on Youtube:

Last edited:
And who said on the New Player Survey thread that Firaxis and 2K would not partner with another dev like Amplitude?

And who said on the New Player Survey thread that Firaxis and 2K would not partner with another dev like Amplitude?
Firaxis isn't. 2K are. There's a pretty big difference, with one being a developer, and the other, a publisher. 2K works with plenty of developers.

imo civ 7 should just be a chatgpt AI for civ 5/6 -- there's no new tech to exploit for a civ 7 -- pc's have primarily become more energy efficient since civ 6 was released, and civ doesn't really benefit from cutting edge graphics

mobile on the other hand is getting more and more horsepower. plus these microtransaction games are huge revenue earners for devs and publishers. Makes good business sense they took this route (but I won't play it)

Iirc Firaxis sold the rights to civ mobile game ages ago, so not a surprise. I'm surprised it's even coming from with in 2K.

With GTA 6 making 2k all the money for 2025, I'd still lean towards Civ 7 for 2024. TBD tho.

And the answer to the question, no I don't have a phone. At least not one I can play games on. Screw mobile gaming. There, it needed to be said.

And the answer to the question, no I don't have a phone. At least not one I can play games on. Screw mobile gaming. There, it needed to be said.
presumably, you can use google's android emulator for PC https://play.google.com/googleplaygames

I don't see the game on there yet, but I assume it will be eventually, if you really wanna drain your bank account $5 at a time, even without a phone

If I can play it while on the jonh:aargh: offline, i might be interested!:D

Btw does anyone else think that "Eras & Allies" is amazingly lame title even for (almost certainly low quality) mobile game? It's just such bland, generic sack of wet noodles, not invoking any emotions whatsoever. It sounds lame even next to ten thousand derivative "Age of Something" video games, not to mention inspired titles of Civ expansions or Paradox DLCs.

Top Bottom