I'm confuse with strategic resources

PIC16F84A

Chieftain
Hello, a pleasant day to everyone.
I am a new player for CIV 5 originally i play CIV 4 under Noble difficulty.
So yesterday while playing CIV 5 after i've mined the hill with an iron resource, i notice that it gives me two pieces of iron. Then upon creating two legions the iron disappear and of course i can't make legions anymore. It may be a bit noobish this question of mine but in CIV 4 if you harvest or improve a tile with strategic resource then as long as that tile is not pillage or destroyed you will have the resources for the rest of the game.
Is there a way to increase or bring back the 2 pieces iron? Thank you in advance

If I've understood your question correctly, you have 2 iron total in your empire. Not much for Rome unfortunately.

Once you improve a tile in Civ V, you do indeed have that resource for the rest of the game. However in your case, the 2 iron your empire is producing is locked into the 2 legions you've created. You must either destroy them or upgrade them twice so that they become Musketmen, which require no iron.

You could found another city to grab more iron, ally a City State with iron in its borders, or buy iron off an AI (though this option is much less reliable, they might not sell it next time you want it).

I see so in Civ 5, i should continuously improved a tile with strategic resource in order to create units that requires the said resources. Like for example in my case if i want to build 4 legions then i should find another tile with iron so that i can produce another legion.

Thank you so much also for telling me the ways on how to bring back the said resources.

Yes you need 2 more iron, so 4 total, to build 4 legions. Hopefully you can see more sources of iron nearby.

You're welcome :)

I see thanks for answering my question bimbecrumbs :thumbsup:

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions

Top Bottom