ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

AWESOME! i think you really captured the unit type perfectly.

No, you were right. I don't know why you redacted. Email tells all, you get the 2 geek points regardless.

Dang it. Stupid Email! I guess I'll just put up Farenheight 451 here then.

I really wasn't sure, it just tickled my brain and I slapped it up here. Been a long time since I read that book.

Count Dooku had finally come back from his hunting party.
It had been a long time. His horse broke his leg, and he had had to kill the good beast. His men-at-arms had given him one of their own, but the horse that bore them both had started limping, and the whole party had been slowed down.
Dooku could have left his men there to go back on foot and been back alone to the mansion, but he had always been generous. Didn't the Omega Gospels insist on the values of charity and helping the poor?

Thus, Dooku had spent two weeks to simply come back home.
Initially, it had been a simple hunting trip. He had planned to be away for one week, conveniently when his mother-in-law was coming to visit the children. The countess hadn't been very happy about it, but she had reluctantly given him the permission. Dooku smiled. She would be angry like a devil from the symbiots' hell now.
Then, when five days had gone by, the horse had broken his leg. They were in the hills in the inner lands, far from anything. He hadn't brought any communicator or radio. The only one they had was at the mansion. Coming back on foot took much longer, and they now had to hunt not just for sports, but to eat. It was a new experience, and Dooku had enjoyed it, but he was glad it was finally over.

His wife was so excited when he came back. Was he hurt, why did he take so long?
She urged him to answer her questions and he laughed and said he would tell her everything. He thought he would be talking a lot this evening, before going to bed.
He didn't expect to be the one asking the most questions.
"What do you mean, symbiots on Hubbard?
-Yes, darling. Mother told me the news when she came two weeks ago. They say the monsters arrived on Hubbard, but noone knows how.
-Well, Hubbard has always been near Stigmata, so that was to be expected. We're safe on Clarke anyway.
-It's not certain, my love. You know the Regent learnt of other planets invaded by Symbiots, and there are jump gates that could lead to Arrakis, or E2. Maybe even Clarke?
-The Regent said that?
-No, he didn't say Clarke, but, you know, the Guilds. They are doing something on the moon. they might be preparing to explore a new world, and if symbiots are there...
-Calm down, my sweet. The Guilds aren't evvis. They are sane people. Greedy people, I'll agree with that, but sane. They wouldn't risk hurting their money-farms.
-Sane, sane. You know everyone thought Kawallen was sane. Truly, he was a mad monster.
-Well, he committed suicide, we're rid of that threat at least.
-Are you so sure? They trialled the Klorin house, you know. And found them guilty. They put an interdict on them."

Dooku coughed.
"You mean, the whole house?
-Well, yes, except here, on Clarke, they decided to renege their vows of fealty and declared independence.
-They wanted to avoid the reprisals. What did the Regency do about it?
-Nothing.
-What? You mean house Klorin is found guilty of being accomplice to a mass murderer, who directly caused the death of two sceptre-holders, and they didn't do anything?
-No.
-Anything else I need to know?
-Well... Errovus Secundus has mostly been nuked if I understood well. The Regent didn't drop troops to claim the nuclear weapons from that crazy Guilds girl and she mostly blew up the planet.
-Crazy guilds girl? Blewed up the planet?
-Yes. What did you say about guildsmen being sane, honey?"

funny stuff Ldi. very human.

Gordden van Gar: On the Ground

Rarely there was a dull moment… How true.

For months he was kept within the Citadel Compound, knowing of the outside world only from reports and glimpses from his window. Of course, being the commanding general in place of his Uncle Philippe was a source of pride for him, but the constant work caused by the plague and its aftermaths keep him forever busy.

Not today, however. There was a lull in the fighting as three warlord gangs in the north surrendered their various blocks and were consolidated. Closer to home, scavenging resources are beginning to be significantly supported, but still not replaced, by freshly made goods from various workshops. The food problem is becoming smaller, as factories that produce food (unimaginable!) are opening their gates and their advanced technology for the workers. As their outer walls are being reached, the battle for Vanari on Errovus Secondus was winding down…

…which is why he was riding desant on an Aries tank, his armoured glove holding on to a explosion-deflection gully and his other holding his machine-pistole. This was an excellent chance to breathe… well air that wasn’t re-filtered a few thousand times and to take a good look to confirm his reports. Near the citadel, chest-high walls made of rubble prevent gangs from easily sneaking through back into secure areas without alerting guards. He took good looks at the rebuilt buildings: They usually clear the central street and building first, establishing a strong outpost/workshop/community center. From the view high up, it made the rubble-filled landscape caused by last-years fighting retreat look like a series of connected towns rather than just blocks of a single city.

Further away, the central building is often the only habitable outpost while nearby ones are claimed by city nobles or serfs turned-freemen directly in service of Vanari and not by the way of a lord. The second ring was filled with makeshift cranes that carried off rubble and picked up fresh material to rebuild the various offices, workshops and tenement apartments. The plague was devastating, but it left the survivors an excellent chance to rebuild on a fresh plate. Rooms are bigger and some of the worse examples of buildings are being cleared for small scale farming until one of the Algae factories arrive.

However, on the outskirts of the cleared land even the central offices are often barely maintained. The walls are less than chest high, although festooned with barbed wire instead. There are no more human resistance in these areas, but the rubble resisted attempts to rebuild all the same.

Outside of the outer wall, more armoured men stood hiding behind it. The Aries tank waited outside of range as Van Gar got off the magnificent machine. This particular one, the Resiliant Faith, had been the one that held the gate of the Citadel itself from the One Handed Gang, and had welcomed Van Gar in those years ago. Although it had faced RPGs, machine guns, pistols and even surrounded by crowbars and sledge hammers, there was nary a mark on it. Its power was testament to its armour that drops scrapes upon polishing and its internal structure that held up the outside world.

As he watched, they charged over the gate and walls again, assaulting one of the depilated buildings. Coughs were heard as the ran through the holes in the wall. A gunshot sprouted out and one of man fell, wounded in the arm. As he ran closer he saw as they took out a machine gun post and ran to the central courtyard.

That was how far they got. There are no stairs on their side, and they were fired upon from every side. A few grenades were thrown and they ran back out, their number fewer by three or so.

It was the tanks’ turn. It rumbled towards the offending building. A single shot took out the third level and its obstinate machine guns. Men began waving flags with that shot, while others leaped to their doom to prevent capture and whatever fate they fear.

The inside was packed with bodies. It seemed that a large warlord gang once controlled an entire block or more, but was hit by a secondary wave of disease and retreated there. Many can still be saved however, and as the medics took them away, Van Gar looked back to the North.

He can finally see it.

The low mound that was once the outer walls… and something was beyond.

A dropshop few down again, landing on the top of a building as its troopers swarmed out. Cries of surprise ran out, only to be replaced by cries of pain. The men hadn’t surrendered when they had the chance as the troops down below assaulted the tower as well.

Killgore has arrived.

The Dream

Priest Colin of the Azure Clan walked down from his pulpit after finishing yet another service to the glory of the Pancreator. He proceeded through the crowd and gave blessings to those who asked, answered questions, and in general connected to his parishioners.

Finally the last of them had left and he went to his private quarters to change out of his formal vestments. He lovingly folded them and placed them in their protective case to prevent any damage to them from the very humid environment here in Irva. He slipped into the more casual garments he wore when simply tending to the paperwork of running his parish and sighed contentedly, because as much as he loved the formal vestments it was damn humid on Clarke!

He sat down at his rather simple desk and began to read through and respond to the various letters and notices coming from the desk of the bishop, or in one case a personal letter from his mother. Well I may love her he thought, but she can wait until the rest is done as the Pancreator does take a bit of precedence over her. Though with her tough personality she better not take too long in replying to her since knowing her she would die just so she could go give the Pancreator a piece of her mind about making a mother wait for a son to respond to her.

Colin found himself looking up at a pair of massive wooden doors covered with wrought iron designs and they seemed to move ever so slightly as if they had not yet been quite completed in design and the finishing touches were being added. Strangely, this did not disturb Colin in the least as he stepped forward and the doors swung wide to admit him into the cathedral. How did he know it was a Cathedral he wondered, yet it most certainly was once he stepped inside. The rows of seating were laid out in a pattern he had never before seen, yet once again it seemed right. He walked up towards the altar and saw that this too was not the simple ones he had always been used too. The carvings depicted some sort of scene, yet he could not place the names of those involved in it. He stepped up to the altar and realized this must have been just after a mass for he was still in his formal vestments. He walked all around the altar and took in the various decorations and their placements. They seemed rather random yet once more the fit perfectly. He continued to wander the empty cathedral, and as he did he saw many works of art and knew who had painted them, where they had come from, or even who would paint them. He explored all the side rooms and the upper and lower levels absorbing it like a grassy field which had missed rain for too long. He had no idea how long he had traversed the cathedral before he stepped outside and saw the surrounding landscape and etched it into his very soul. He felt a hand on his shoulder when he knew no one was with him and he turned to see who it was…

Priest Colin awoke with a start, the letter from his mother he had been reading was stuck to his cheek. He pulled it off gingerly to not damage the paper and set it aside. He had been dreaming, but he realized he recalled the whole dream in detail, except for the face to which the hand on his shoulder had belonged. He knew, without knowing how he knew, that even though he had never designed anything larger than a dog house before he could design this cathedral and that it must be built. He needed to speak to those who he knew, again not knowing why, would fund its construction.

He dressed quickly and checked the time; yes he could arrive right as they open up the gates to the Black Palace if he hurried. Ignoring the surprised servants as he hustled quickly from his church he ran out the doors and into the light rain of the early morning.

The Black Palace was impressive as ever it was, yet unlike before when he had simply been the interested tourist he had a purpose and simply walked through the open gates into the entry courtyard. Now though he did not know who he should speak with to gain the audience he needed. He did have faith however that whatever he did it was what he needed to do to get in to see her. He meandered the halls of offices and kept glancing at the name plates and position titles trying to find the one he knew he should speak with. He came upon what appeared to be a meeting hall and noticed that this one had a pair of very nasty looking guards in the black and red uniforms of Clan Black. He knew this was it, yet he also knew they would never let him in. He had no official business here after all. Colin stepped up to the guards and they began to look down at him when he felt a slight shove propelling him forward and he noticed the guards looked confused but then shook their heads, glanced at each other seemingly slightly embarrassed and then returned to their ever watchful silence. Somehow Colin was standing before the door to the room between the guards and they didn’t seem to be able to see him. He stood for a moment confused and then his vision began to swirl slightly.

He looked back at the door before him and noticed it was open slightly he began to push it open and for a moment it seemed the room was full of people, yet that couldn’t be right for clearly the room was devoid of all but one woman sitting and reading something that appeared official.

Priest Colin came in and bowed politely to Lady Alex, whom he noted seemed rather put off at him standing before her. She reached for a blade at her side and began drew it. She pointed the blood red sword and rested the tip against his neck.

“Explain.” She commanded.

He stood and surprised himself when he realized he was completely unconcerned with the blade poised to remove his throat. “Milady.” He tried to bow and she scratch he lightly with the blade, a trickle of blood began to run down his neck. “I had a vision.” Her eyebrows rose in surprise at this, she obviously hadn’t expected that as a response.

“Of what?” Priest Colin began to wonder if she could speak more than two words at a time.

“A massive cathedral we need to build.” And then he launched into telling her of the cathedral he had walked through and its layout, design, the many unique features, and where he finally got her to lower her blade is when he began describing the various artworks throughout the cathedral and its attached buildings. Finally he finished and she sheathed her sword and stared at him with a slight look of … Colin was unsure but was it amazement? Perhaps apprehension, though he supposed both could be there as this was a truly wondrous tale. He knew exactly what was about to happen though and why she had accepted the story as true.

“Come with me.” She walked out of the room and he followed a step behind as expected. The guards fell into step on either side of them as they headed to the private residence section of the Palace. Lady Alex led him silently through the grounds and without pausing anywhere until they came to a corner of the Black Palace that was right next to a magnificent garden and a truly impressive cliff top view of the ocean. In the middle of this enclosed patio was a painting that had obviously only recently been finished, yet it was exactly one of the ones he had described as adorning the walls of the cathedral.

“This is why I choose to believe you.” Stated Lady Alex. “So Priest …”

“Colin.” He supplied in answer to her pause.

“Colin.” She continued as if there had been no interruption. “Who provided this vision?”

And the answer came to him all of sudden as if he knew it all along, which he decided he had. “Saint Haster, Bringer of Prophecy and Clearer of Minds.”

Priest Colin thought he heard silent laughter of pleasure coming from right behind him.

Charles, some of the links have extra characters at the beginning and don't work. These all start with "xn--http-fb7a". For example, the first in the list is Totone's "Unending Hatred".

Other than that, looks great. And I for one don't mind the fanfare, if anything it is nice to get reminded of the link.

Saint Haster?

Oh dear.

What? He's a Saint I checked!

And we all know Saints are good.

Yeah- keep posting when you update. For us lazy bass-tards.

I knows, bur I fear you may be slipping down the insanity slope :p

At least he's got you for company :p

Yeah.

Let's have a party for all us insane folks!

Is this supposed to be an inside joke or could you guys explain it to less bright people? Like to me?

Top Bottom