[Immersioneers] 'A New Frontier': sign-up thread for the second Immersioneer game!

I'm interested in joining the game. I sent Vesir85 a friend request. My Steam name is krasny.

I'm interested in joining the game. I sent Vesir85 a friend request. My Steam name is krasny.
Welcome, krasny! :goodjob: Sent you an invite on Steam. Could you please also state your preferred choice of Civ, and your opinion on the scoring system (if you have any)?

I've created the countdown clock and added it to the op. I chose the 2 pm GMT time which we discussed earlier. It can still be changed if it's needed, but I'd rather not.

How does the clock show to different people, I wonder? Could someone from another time-zone please report what it shows for them? If it doesn't update based on your ip, then it's worse than useless ofc...

2. You may not conquer capitals until you've adopted a tier III government.

A rule that flies in the face of reality. I think that players should defend their capitals and lose them if they fail.

I would prefer an earlier start than 14.00.

Any civilisation will do.

Last edited:
2. You may not conquer capitals until you've adopted a tier III government.

A rule that flies in the face of reality. I think that players should defend their capitals and lose them if they fail.

I would prefer an earlier start than 14.00.
Please read the general description / core idea statement. If you disagree with this rule, chances are that this group is not a good fit for you.

EDIT: Ok, we have one dissenting voice regarding the timeline. I'll wait for some more before changing it, as it seemed to fit the most amount of people. Btw krasny, could you tell me what time the countdown clock (link in the op) shows for you atm? If it doesn't update by your timezone, it's useless to us, so the sooner someone reports back with the time it shows for them, the better.

Last edited:
I disagree with the rule but it's no deal breaker.

@krasny: Ok. For the record, that rule will be in effect for all the games that *I* plan on hosting, as it's part of the reason why I founded this group in the first place. However, if you have a more blood-thirsty mindset, it is possible for you to host a game where it's not in effect, although it might be harder to find enough players for it (assuming most members joined the group for similar reasons). And ofc you should inform all the players of it well in advance.

@MaximusPlatypus: Thank you! :goodjob: Assuming you're an hour ahead of me, the timer is indeed working.

Oh, I didn't realize it would be 9am EST. :( I have to go to lab from 10am to 12pm EST. So if we can't push it back later, I might have to skip out on this one.

Oh, I didn't realize it would be 9am EST. :( I have to go to lab from 10am to 12pm EST. So if we can't push it back later, I might have to skip out on this one.
An earlier starting date is a possibility, but to push back the game would mean that ManojTheKing no longer has enough time to play. As he joined before you, it's fair to go by his wish. Otherwise I'd have no objections to moving the starting time, although if it's by 3 hours (or more, accounting for possible commute), then it might be too much for our Central European players. It's unfortunate that this happens, but with three different continental time-zones, it's unavoidable.

I've removed Chrizzly Bear from the roster, and Folza as well (he had to cancel, unfortunately). We're down to 7 players, but I guess someone can still join tomorrow. It's no disaster though if we'll go with this number (in some ways it's preferable).

I could join but I don't know exactly how long I could stay in the game, probably 2-3 hours if we start according to the timer. If the game starts sooner that would be much better for me, but I don't mind not joining if someone else could join and could play for longer, if the starting time can't be earlier :)

My steam profile is same as this username: burnemdown

Guys..with much frustration I'm typing this.. I will not be joining tomorrow's game.

I have a business trip to make and it came up as an unplanned activity (at the last minute). Sorry won't be available for this weekend.

You all have an awesome game. Cheers.

Guys..with much frustration I'm typing this.. I will not be joining tomorrow's game.

I have a business trip to make and it came up as an unplanned activity (at the last minute). Sorry won't be available for this weekend.

You all have an awesome game. Cheers.
Unfortunate. :( I'll take you off the list then.

There is one silver lining to this calamity: now that all our players are from Europe or the US, we could push back the game so that @Chrizzly Bear still gets to play. ;) So we'd start 3 hours later (5 PM GMT). Ofc this then means that our newcomer BurnEmDown (welcome, btw! :goodjob:) can't play... :crazyeye: But since Chrizzly joined earlier, it's only fair to go by his schedule. Would everyone be ok with pushing the game back by 3 hours? Most importantly, Chrizzly Bear, please post asap whether you can still play tomorrow if we'll do this (i.e. you haven't made other plans since you thought you couldn't play).

@BurnEmDown: I tried to find you on Steam to send you an invite, but there are three BurnEmDowns on Steam. Are you the one with the small letters? Maybe it's better if you'll send me a friend request; I'm Vesir85 on Steam.
EDIT: Invited you to the group, thank you. :)

Last edited:
Yes! I'd be able to play if it started 3 hours later. It might be better if it starts around 5:15PM GMT because I might not get home exactly at 5PM. If that's okay with everyone, that is. Thanks!

Yes! I'd be able to play if it started 3 hours later. It might be better if it starts around 5:15PM GMT because I might not get home exactly at 5PM. If that's okay with everyone, that is. Thanks!
Awesome! :D So, we lost one player, but will gain another. I'll put 3 hours and 20 minutes more time on the clock, just to be on the safe side.

If anyone objects to the later starting time, though, please let me know asap. For me the game will now go on 'til 2 AM (Finnish time); for me that's no problem on a weekend, but some of our other players might be morning birds instead of night owls. ;)
EDIT: This assumes we'll play for 7 hours like last time. We can always quit earlier if people prefer it, ofc.

Btw, I've come to the conclusion that the score system is too elaborate and will probably turn off some potential players. It's best to go with a simpler system instead. So I propose the following: at the end of the game, we'll take the three players with the highest in-game scores. Then we'll vote for a winner from among them (you may not abstain from voting, and may not vote for yourself). And then we'll have a 'winner', can call it a day and start planning the next game. :)

Then hopefully I will be able to join the next game :)

I went ahead and updated the countdown clock. We can always restore the old one if people object to the altered starting time.

EDIT: Since no one else had taken it, I changed my Civ to Russia. I recently played a single-player game as Japan, so I want to try something different this time around.

EDIT2: I guess it's best not to overload the game with rules, nor make last-minute changes, so let's not make it a hard-and-fast rule that you cannot join ongoing wars (swoop in for the carcass, so to speak); however, bear in mind the possible consequences (suspicion from your neighbors, unpopularity in the final vote), as well as the spirit of the game. (Last game, in retrospect I myself failed to do this and behaved badly towards @Yves-Laurent; I hope you'll accept my apology, as before I made only excuses. :blush:)

Last edited:
sweet, I'm glad chrizz can join us. I was worried about having to play without him , but this works out well for me. hopefully at some point in the future we can all play a game including manoj. I like the vote thing pretty cool, I also didn't mind the other point/scoring system , but perhaps it is indeed best to start with a simpler system. also if your going to play as Russia , can I play as japan then ?

Top Bottom