Immortal University 97 - Suleiman

klonoklown

Civ Junky
Greetings, Immortals and would-be Immortals (and indeed any other players of any level), and welcome to the Immortal University.

Here is our Leader:

Here's the opening scene:

The following settings were used to create this map

And the Demographics for people to spot any info they can

Before we start, here's the copy & paste bit where I get to pretend that I'm TMIT:

To play, just extract the WB save file into your worldbuilder saves directory, then play it. Use custom scenario if you want some extra settings to tickle your fancy. This series was designed for people learning immortal, so most people here will be at that level or trying to attain it, although deity players are welcome also. Hell, if you want to play this on NOBLE. The intention of this and any other game thread I post is to get better. Play whatever level you need in order to improve.

If you are aspiring IMM+, try to remember to add archery back to the barbs in WB. Every time you don't, a deity AI will kill a kitten, although there are a lot of kittens so it's not the end of the world if you prefer easymode barbs .

I do request people to list their difficulty and speed. In terms of updates, well nobody follows that anyway. Post in the manner you feel comfortable. Typical comparison dates are 1 AD, liberalism, and victory/defeat, as well as any major events. If in doubt, go with that.

We also have an initial Immortal/Normal autosave which is much more convenient since you can avoid all the worldbuilder shenanigans. It comes with my personal seal of approval (not least as my worldbuilder edits may contain hideous game-destroying errors that could cause your computer to explode ).

Attachments

• IU 97 - Suleiman BC-4000 Immortal.CivBeyondSwordSave
    42.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IU 97 - Sulieman.zip
    105.7 KB · Views: 64
Spoiler additional map settings :
Normal Continents, Islands, Islands Mixed In

No edits were made to this map. Have fun and Happy Civing! :coffee:

Now that's one nice leader of a nice civ with a very strong UU! Not like the sucky Brennus with his sucky Gallic Warriors. Let's play this on Monarch/Normal and launch a medieval JaniTreb war.

I can see a plains hill, but there's no info about food resources nearby. I don't want to make a blind move with my Settler. If the Warrior doesn't reveal anything, I'll SiP.

I agree Suleiman is a strong leader, I prefer his UB in overall effectiveness compared to the UU, but that's just my two cents!

Edit: Izuul the game is up!

I agree Suleiman is a strong leader, I prefer his UB in overall effectiveness compared to the UU, but that's just my two cents!

Edit: Izuul the game is up!

His UB is marvelous. I'll always take +2:) in the BCs. His UU is decent with a tech lead (read: the lower the difficulty level, the better it is) but with cannons regular musketmen are ok too as a stop-gap measure until Grennys or Rifles.

For once the blue circle looks like a decent settling possibility. But where do we send our warrior? I think 1SW to investigate that river.

What i really like about Suleiman is that he is good at everything so you can play the game many different ways.

I'm kind of torn on what to do here at the start. I would like to settle on the blue circle and maybe go for some GLH abuse, but i don't see much hammer potential there. I think you would just have the one grass hill, and it would also kill one of the few forested tiles in the area.

Warrior SW i think. There has to be a couple more resources around, hopefully either more food in the fog or a strategic resource to be revealed later.

I don't like the blue circle at all. Why would you give up all that river, what looks like possible FPs, riverside GH and PH, possible other resources, for dry wheat and coastal tiles.

I would send warrior SW as he will reveal more I believe.

This is what I'm finding . . . unusual:

Spoiler :
I'm at 200 AD with 9 cities and room for . . . like 10 more!

Too much land imho. Don't know what we're going to learn from peacefully settling 20 cites.

Spoiler :

Too much land imho. Don't know what we're going to learn from peacefully settling 20 cites.

Spoiler :

sounds like i might have to skip this one then. been too busy to even finish my 5 city SB game... much less one with 4X as much space! :lol: too bad!

Until 250 AD

Spoiler :

Not going well. SIP and had to waste going for AH 1st with no commerce
around :(. Went BW then Iron right away as I saw 2 spots with gems in the jungle. But damn was it slow getting there. And settling any cities early wasn't that appealing as it would take even longer to get to IW. I did settle 1 city to the SE before venturing into the jungle. Settled the double gem site 1st and then the site to the west of the capitol. Met 3 AI's and dunno if I will met anymore. I haven't done enough exploring.
Only Izzy is doing well expanding and teching. I have a ton of room, propbbably for 25 cities at least as Nappy is being extremly incompetent in this game. Siting at 3 cities at 1 AD. I don't like him as a neighbour and dowed him before he could hook up his horses. Then I chariot rushed him and took 2 cities leaving him totallt blocked in at I can't finish him of though cause of maintinence :rolleyes:
Went writing after IW even thought myst and fishing would had been nice.
Took alittle while and then I went for fishing before aesth hoping for a trade partner. Izzy was well ahead and got alpha from her. Then backfilled with sailing which I really needed. I didn't have any tech to trade for monarchy and the war vs france I was limping towards currency. Meanwhile another civ which I haven't met is doing too well,getting the oracle and then building the Col early and getting TGL :(
Only thing I am doing ok in is the city count. I have 8 cities now after taking 2 from france but I can backfill almost 20 more. Once my maintinence will allow it.
Talk about excess land. Problem is how far behind I will be once I get my 25 cities up and running. My tech rate is nonexistant and I haven't got even monarchy or col...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
I checked for balance and thought it was ok, but maybe there was a little too much room for us and Nappy. My thoughts were Nappy is a huge unit spammer and with him having a lot of room to expand as well, he would pose a threat. Hopefully I'm right..

Edit: If majority of people dislike the map, I will make another,
Spoiler :
that is more compact
But people have to let me know here. Thanks

@skipity - Wow, like Courthouses much ;) Pretty much all the CHs you are building right now are worthless..and in your cap! oh my! Wait until you get forges in and then maybe whip some CHs in the outlying cities with higher maintenance and pop. Better off building wealth right now to get CS in asap -you should already have it.

Also, this is a very good map to get out a scouting workboat or two. There's an AI you have not met that is about as close as all others.

Courthouses are kinda required when you have 20 cities. Pretty much worthless?

They're worth about 6 GPT each by 1000 AD on this map.

Courthouses are kinda required when you have 20 cities. Pretty much worthless?

They're worth about 6 GPT each by 1000 AD on this map.

The point was not that CHs are worthless building, but rather that they are worthless for you right now. So many better things you can be doing right now. When you actually do need CHs you will be able to whip them in easily later.

sweet, i waited like 1/2 the night for nc/iu/deity game things to be put up and i just got home so ill probably play a bit, ive never played big and small so this should be interesting, from the look of things though ill probably sip, and tech AH. Ill try to find a way to share the pigs with a 2nd city, and if i get a better look at whats there with warrior, i may settle the blue dot and worry about production and hills later

my update... andits bad :(

Spoiler :

well its 500AD and ive just finished currency, the ai has music and some other techs that i just avoided cause no marble so figured id forgo TGL, anyway, i may still get it we'll see, ive met all but 1 civ, unfortunetly it took them forever to get alpha, so it teched it myself... and they all got it on like the same turn, had some problems because of lack of trading partners, abe/nappy/cathy all in a war, and ive plenty of time to expand to 9 cities in 500 ad, one barb city captured, and im thinking of grabbing the other 2 that arent behind borders that are on an island. got horses/iron/gems/silk/sugar i think, as well as seafood, and ive settled all my cities pretty close in, no cities like way out there. The tech pace is painfully slow though, 500ad and no CS, hopefully by the time i hit cs ill have my next gs to bulb philo, and by then i should be able to have an NE city, we'll see though. I havnt really seen much of the map because of some weird stuff, wont let workboat or trireme through even with open borders so im still waiting to meet the last civ. ghandi and izzy both have 12 cities each, nappy is at like 10, and catherine with 7, lincoln with 4. it looks like ghandi is close enough to invade. Theres so much room to expand, its probably going to be a late game war... so ill try for cuirs/cavs to run over nappy, then ghandi is my long term plan. i havnt picked a religion, theres a confusionism block with lincoln/nappy/cath and izzy and ghandi have their own religions. I had some trouble with city placement, theres plenty of food and things but id position my cities where they needed a border pop, but rather than use monuments like i probably should have i just waited for graneries/librarys while i grew cottages. ive pretty much cottage spammed everywhere, i figure when i get to 20 cities, that sort of thing will be the only thing that works. In retrospect, i should have beelined currency from the beginning. none of the ai's got it early so it would have been good trade bait, and it added like 25 gold a turn with my 9 cities, pllus the ~25% extra beakers from building wealth. Ive started trading for gold, and im going to get some fail gold from paya, and the happiness is nice, also gonna throw his UB in pretty much every city. Il have some s/s's later, but its looking like a long game so im gonna take a break for a bit

I'm not entirely sure what the long-range plan is, but i did this:

Spoiler :

At the pace the AI were going, I probably could have Libbed Arty...

I'm going to use the Spy + the GM I'll get in 3 turns to start another 12-turn GA. I guess i better build some kind of military though b/c Frenchie is plotting and has units wandering around in my cities. I'm not sure if I'll stay in Buddhism, it was just the most convenient thing to spread around for Pacifism GA. I wanted Confucianism, but it hasn't spread to any of my cities yet.

I'm really not sure what direction i want to go here, but I'm making 500 bpt without building research. I guess Guilds first makes sense to beef up the SP workshops and start building Knights. Then maybe I'll go for Cuirs to take out Napolean and maybe build the Taj along the way. He's sufficiently backwards for that to work, and i really don't feel like trying to invade his massive territory with 1 move units.

Building wealth on this map is pointless because production is so poor. I did it in 14 out of 14 cities. Before the loss was a little bit over 200 GPT. Now it is 120 GPT. No difference at all! After that I lost the purpose of the game and rage-quit.

Top Bottom