imperator1961 WIP

Once you have a set of animations you are happy with...

a unit in turbans, etc. that could be used for Mughals, Middle East, etc. would be a well-appreciated addition. :please:

With this kind of light guns?

Yes please. Exactly the same unit, just a change of costume. You could probably use parts of what you used for the Ottomans that look most Arab/Mughal.

Ok I made this unit as you want.;)

Thank you very much. I truly appreciate the hard work that goes into making a unit & the additional rendering time required for even a simple costume change.

At your leisure, any of your other artillery units from early through 19th c., that you would like to give similar treatment would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much. I truly appreciate the hard work that goes into making a unit & the additional rendering time required for even a simple costume change.

At your leisure, any of your other artillery units from early through 19th c., that you would like to give similar treatment would be greatly appreciated.

... And not just by Blue Monkey :D

Best As Always,

Oz

The back of the horse in the preview looks strange as it is static while the horse's front moves. considering the fact that the unit will be much too big you should think about leaving the horse out of the unit attack animation...

for obvious reasons there aren't any combat action photos from the period. mostly you either get staged photos of an elaborate maharajah's parade, or something like this:
thumbnail

These show tiger hunts, not combat, but you'll see what I mean about shooting at an angle.
thumbnail

Closest I can come to 19th c. military images. The mahout uses a special prod which you can see in the b&w.* The handle could be up to 3 ft. long. Besides carrying riflemen, elephants were also used as the equivalent of horse artillery. They were even used as an early version of armored cav - with gatling guns or small field pieces fired from their backs. It's blurry, but both types are visible in the photo on the lower right.
thumbnail

I've got lots more pictures showing different styles of headgear & other trappings. I like the trappings in your preview. Suggestions: make the howdah roof more domed or use an open howdah to better show the rifleman. I like the texture on the howdah itself. I'd say make the roof the same texture, not civ-color. If you want, the civ-color can be included as part of the pattern on the tapestry. I think that would be enough - let the mahout's pants be white like his turban.

Hope that helps.

* Pretty sure I've seen a free poser prop for it. Let me know if you want me to track it down.

Edit: consider making the rifleman's uniform more generic (maybe khaki with blue pants) - the unit would then be more useful to civs other than the British.

* Pretty sure I've seen a free poser prop for it. Let me know if you want me to track it down.

Edit: consider making the rifleman's uniform more generic (maybe khaki with blue pants) - the unit would then be more useful to civs other than the British.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. Your pictures will help me a lot, togheter with your suggestions.
As for the prop, if you can find it I will put in the unit.

The rifleman is not British but Indian; the uniform is taken from this picture:

but you're right, for better view of units I will remove the howdah roof.;)

Looks very cool and promising !!! Also, I would suggest to make it a little bit smaller to fit utahjazz7`s Macedonian Elephant. But, it`s up to author`s opinion. :)

Top Bottom