Import custom unit model issue

MPenguin

Chieftain
I'm trying to add animations to a custom unit model. However, after importing the model using the Asset Editor, the finger parts appear distorted, as if they have been stretched. Even though it looks normal in CivNexus6 and Blender, when I try to directly run it in the game, the character's actions display correctly, but the fingers are still stretched out to the sky, just like this
Snipaste_2023-07-31_19-40-36.png

In fgxviewer, there are no issues with the fingers.

Snipaste_2023-07-31_19-45-50.png

After importing into the Asset Editor, it becomes distorted.

Snipaste_2023-07-29_16-08-15.png

@Deliverator , I've previewed many of your tutorials, but it seems that none of them address this particular problem. Do you have any insights?

@Mico27 , I played your Mario themed leader mod, and it was fantastic. Your mod involves creating custom unit models and animations. Have you encountered any similar issues?

You may have too many bones bindings in the mesh? There is a limit of 256 individual bone bindings per mesh. See around this post.

You may have too many bones bindings in the mesh? There is a limit of 256 individual bone bindings per mesh. See around this post.
thx, and I also noticed what sukritact said. The total number of bones in the model is 109, but having over 60,000 vertices might indeed be the issue? :cringe:

Last edited:
Yeah that is WAY too many vertices for a Unit. Leaders will have tens of thousands though.

Top Bottom