Important: Which version of Civilization do you use ?

Which version of civilization do you use ?

• PC version, Vanilla Civ5

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • MAC version, Vanilla Civ5

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • PC version, Civ5 with Gods And Kings

Votes: 64 79.0%
  • MAC version, Civ5 with Gods And Kings

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters
I don't plan to move to G&K, but it will also depend of next patch content and what is accessible with the DLL source code.

What about unit limit?

I don't know, the DLL is not released yet.

Well, if it can be avoided, don't switch to Gods + Kings!
I don't want espionage!

I think a major benifit to switching the Gods and Kings would be unit balence. In my games, the AI will spam artillery, and then put it on the front lines. Gods and kings would balence it, at least it seems so.

I never have problems with AI balance!

I think a major benifit to switching the Gods and Kings would be unit balence. In my games, the AI will spam artillery, and then put it on the front lines. Gods and kings would balence it, at least it seems so.

as I plan to merge artillery with the other units, this will not be needed.

So, like a mechanised infantry unit (tanks+infantry) it will be artillery + infantry.
1 range, +25% vs tanks and Infantry combat strength?
As in, ranged attack and melee attack together???

no, like this (see development thread):

Yes, you know I was not very happy with Artillery regiment being independent unit on the map, and my first tries to make them a part of other units had failed.

There is always the possibility to create different graphic representation (Base Infantry, Infantry+Anti-Tank, Infantry+Anti-Air, etc...) but that would multiply the number of units to define. then I could switch the infantry representation to ethnic graphics as I've done for R.E.D. Modpack to reduce unique units definition, but this would means that each infantry would have the exact same statistics (well it's already the case, but we may want to tweak infantry values per nation in the future)

And I can't use that approach for Tanks as we want unique names here.

So what I want to test is allowing one "specialized" regiment to be attached to any land division, a civilian units (to respect the 1UT mechanism) representing a regiment/brigade of Artillery, Anti-Air, Engineer, etc... or why not a Mobile HQ which would allow nearby units to get reinforcement even when cut from friendly cities...

Edit: And we will have more paratroopers, yes. :D

thread unstuck, I won't need more feedback as the modding tools have decided to me:
I needed the DLL to fix some of the problem introduced with patch .674, and I need the mod to be G&K based to allow the DLL to be released with it.

That makes almost 1/4 of users unable to use the next version of the mod and that's not something I like.

Maybe the vanilla civ5 compatibility can be kept, as I may not need the core function of G&K, just the DLL swapping to make installation easier, and those without G&K may be able to still use the actual method: replace the DLL in the installation folder.

Top Bottom