Improvement questions

Holywhippet

Chieftain
a) Is it worth turning off the option that tells workers not to build over existing improvements? Normally I wouldn't consider it, but in my last game I noticed that deer and pigs near my cities (but not within city radius) had forts built over them instead of the improvements they needed to be useful to me. I don't know what my automated workers were thinking when they did that.

b) Is there a mod which can let me tell workers to leave forests but chop down all jungles within city radius? The game has an option to leave both but not one or the other. As a result I have to clear the jungles manually.

I always do, since the AI usually makes poor decisions of what to build, pre BTS anyways.

Regarding a) If your playing BTS, Forts now hook up resources, so if it's outside of your cities BFC, a fort is just fine.

Normally I wouldn't consider it, but in my last game I noticed that deer and pigs near my cities (but not within city radius) had forts built over them instead of the improvements they needed to be useful to me.
Forts still allow you to access those resources. They are uber-improvements, over and above your camp and pasture.

b) Is there a mod which can let me tell workers to leave forests but chop down all jungles within city radius? The game has an option to leave both but not one or the other. As a result I have to clear the jungles manually.
Sounds useful! I will await the answer. :)

Top Bottom