[GS] Improvements

hdd

Chieftain
Hello there,

trying to change the improvements yields and get a crash

<Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_CHATEAU" YieldType="YIELD_CULTURE" YieldChange="3"/>
works fine

but when I'm trying to add

<Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_CHATEAU" YieldType="YIELD_GOLD" YieldChange="2"/>

the game crashes.
Same for others.
Even if I just try to change YieldType="YIELD_CULTURE" to YieldType="YIELD_GOLD" game still crashes.

Is this defined in a XML schema ?
if yes, where ?
Run a full search for the improvements type in the folder and found nothing relevant.

Please help.

Thanks,
hdd

for the start, yes - trying to alter game's base files. That's a quick and dirty way of getting things done.

By "crash" I mean warning from the game "one of mods are not ok".

You need to look at Database.log to find clues as to what the game does not like about what you've done but usually that message is generated because what you have done has resulted in an invalid reference where one part of the game's XML files is referencing something elsewhere in the XML files, but your alterations have made an XML file not load in its entirety so the game cannot "find" what it is looking for.

Database.log is found at
Code:
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs
Database.log can be viewed as a text file in Notepad++ or for example Word etc., but old plain Notepad does not display it properly because of the encoding method used by Civ6 for the log files.

The table and column schema are not defined for Civ6 in XML files, but in a unified SQL file "01_GameplaySchema.sql" located at
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\Schema
--------------------

Without seeing exactly what you've done to the original game file it will be impossible for anyone to attempt to determine what you've done wrong, hence the direction towards checking Database.log for clues as to what sort of mistake you are making.

ok, thanks, I'll look into it.
maybe I'll get back with DB dump since I don't see anything suspicious at a first glance

Top Bottom