In your opinion, do VI's leader bonuses portend the addition of alternate leaders?

We gettin mutiple leaders?

• Yes

Votes: 83 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 27.1%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 38 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We don't actually know that's true anymore. They've had 6 years + civ V development time to practice with this new style, and they have a new engine for civ VI. Leaders could well be easier to make now. Or not, it's just an assumption either way as it stands. :goodjob:
It's not really an assumption. We already know leaderheads are very similar, if not the same to 5. There's no magical solution to make animating+modelling them hugely easier.

Well, he was a "founding father," and, as far as I'm concerned, anyone who has appeared on U.S. money should be eligible. That would include Alexander Hamilton, Salmon Chase, both Lewis and Clark, Susan B. Anthony, Sacagewea, the Goddess of Liberty from the Liberty head nickel (if Dido can be in the game, so can she) and the Native American from the Buffalo nickel (I would not make the buffalo eligible).

You forgot Harriet Tubman. :p And I think the buffalo should absolutely be eligible. ;)

As many as possible multiple leaders for each civ should be the motto, every person is different, so were great leaders.
We should be able to play against aggressive and rational leaders from same AI civ opponent, preferably in a single game, on succession-type based game terms.

Players will likely settle for a single leader yet another time, however, like with civilizations and Uniques in the game, the more the better, and the more of each included in the game the more money FIRAXIS and Y2K will make.
Make no mistake about it, and I`m sure they fully realize this.

The only problem I think is tech (hardware), making the game available to as many potential customers as possible out there.

You forgot Harriet Tubman. :p And I think the buffalo should absolutely be eligible. ;)

For Americans make that Buffalo hides, let the meat rot.
For the plains tribes, or other, much more nature-friendly native American tribes, it was different. They hunted only as many animals as they needed for their own survival, respected mother nature, eh, the good old days.

For the plains tribes, or other, much more nature-friendly native American tribes, it was different. They hunted only as many animals as they needed for their own survival, respected mother nature, eh, the good old days.
Don't be silly. Native American tribes didn't have (and many still don't) any better sense of nature friendly practices than the invading white men. They just lacked the technology to exploit their environment easily.

Don't be silly. Native American tribes didn't have (and many still don't) any better sense of nature friendly practices than the invading white men. They just lacked the technology to exploit their environment easily.

Some of them perhaps, or some of their leaders.
They were centuries behind in technological advancement as compared to the invading Western Europeans, and if paid well (in their opinion) by the white man, would hunt every animal to extinction for the hides the whites paid them for.
Those were not their usual practices however, not until the French and Anglo-Saxons appeared.

I used to think it could mean multiple leaders, but after seeing HOW the Uniques are placed, it really seems more about half the unique traits being about the civ overal, and the other half focused on the leader. If anything it seems more of a way to keep every civ unique through the whole playthrough and not just 1 era.

That said, there's still a posibility for multiple leaders, but I think that would be the domain of mods.

Sorry to burst your Noble Savage bubble, but Native Americans hunted the white deer nearly to extinction and the beaver all the way to extinction in the East, the sea otter to partial extinction in the Pacific, and hunted buffalo by driving entire herds off cliffs before the introduction of horses. Disney's Pocahontas is not an accurate portrayal of Native American history. ;)

As many as possible multiple leaders for each civ should be the motto, every person is different, so were great leaders.
We should be able to play against aggressive and rational leaders from same AI civ opponent, preferably in a single game, on succession-type based game terms.

Players will likely settle for a single leader yet another time, however, like with civilizations and Uniques in the game, the more the better, and the more of each included in the game the more money FIRAXIS and Y2K will make.
Make no mistake about it, and I`m sure they fully realize this.

The only problem I think is tech (hardware), making the game available to as many potential customers as possible out there.

More is not always better. As you increase the number of unique elements, at acertain point
1. they start becoming less unique
2. you don't recognize the uniqueness they do have as much because you are less familiar with them (if there were 1,000,000 civs then no one would know all of their uniques)

The optimum point will be different for different people,

2. you don't recognize the uniqueness they do have as much because you are less familiar with them (if there were 1,000,000 civs then no one would know all of their uniques)

This is somewhat questionable. Simply because the developers decide to add some sort of obscure or lesser known culture into the game it doesn't make it any less distinct in comparison to those of other civilizations. No matter what quantitative amount they wish to add.

This is somewhat questionable. Simply because the developers decide to add some sort of obscure or lesser known culture into the game it doesn't make it any less distinct in comparison to those of other civilizations. No matter what quantitative amount they wish to add.

Obscure or lesser known has nothing to do with it. The point was about unique traits in the game. It's a question of mental capacity and exposure (within the game), not real world distinction.

If there are a lot of civs in the game, at some point, either you won't be able to memorize all of them or have enough (or any) experience with them in game to be familiar with them. And familiarity means not just knowing the traits but knowing their strategic effects.

Firaxis don't have to create multiple leaders per civ. However, they should make the stock interface readily accept alternate leaders so players don't have to rely on 3rd party mods for to enable this. Civ4 already did this and made modding alternate leaders and selecting them in the game very simple. Otherwise most people won't bother to install a mod just see extra leaders--not even people who deep down really want that feature.

Top Bottom