Incomplete Installation (10)

Hmm..lets try again..

Error

How about it now...

Error

Ok, no panic, lets check out the steam support:

Incomplete Installation (10) = Steam servers are busy. Please try again later.

Nice..now I cant play with or without the pacth the game I paid for...sweeeet.

Guess I should drink some caffeine when I get home tonight. From some of the posts so far, it looks like I will be up for a while trying to download the patch. :eek:

Guess I should drink some caffeine when I get home tonight. From some of the posts so far, it looks like I will be up for a while trying to download the patch. :eek:
Probably not. Steam servers are probably having a hiccup with all the people downloading at once. I would have thought it'd be fine when you get home.

Even better, if you have the default settings and you left your machine running, the patch might be already downloaded waiting for you!

Even better, if you have the default settings and you left your machine running, the patch might be already downloaded waiting for you!

I have a laptop computer. I unplug it and put it somewhere safe when I'm at work, as our two cats and one pug have a bad habit of crashing into it if I'm not around. So I don't leave it plugged in when I'm at work. But I didn't know the patch was coming out today anway. I thought we had a week or two to go still.

If the servers are still busy when I get home, I can always play Civ IV. Or God forbid, actually read the new Al Capone biography that has been sitting on my desk for over a week now. :lol:

Go into your Steam options and choose a different region, then restart Steam and try to get the patch again. You can typically get around these issues by jumping download servers like this.

Edit: If the game still fails to launch, go to the game's properties and choose to verify the integrity of the game cache. If you got a bad patch install, one of the game files may be borked.

Top Bottom