Increasing AI opponents past 22?

Is it important to follow a pattern ?

ATM I'm testing 34 civs on YnAEMP with G&K, and I have set 3*9, 10, 12 for values above 24... :D

I didn't realise you could have odd divisions. See the vanilla Subdiv values. I'll readjust.

Ok, 34 civs in game, working... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Now, can someone try to find if there is a hardcoding on the number of diplomacy screen loaded ? Only the first 22 are available, the others show blank screens...

Attachments

• 34civs.jpg
    34civs.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 607

Ok, 34 civs in game, working... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Now, can someone try to find if there is a hardcoding on the number of diplomacy screen loaded ? Only the first 22 are available, the others show blank screens...

Did you check each and every one? I'll look, though.

Also, do they have names? Tell me if they build their unique unit/building or not. Can you catch one using his trait? Are the G&K Civs, Vanilla Civs, or DLC Civs? Do they talk when you do stuff in their diplo screen? Any blank [text] responses (especially when you first meet them?) Do they have war/peace themes? Have you tried playing as one?

Also, looking at that map gives me ideas for civs. Notably, an American civ and an African civ. God, European Overload.

Absolutely no idea who the leader for the American civ will be... maybe just "A Priest King?" I'll take it over to my thread.

Oh, and an Asian one.

*snip, I'm stupid. Will search more*

well, bad news, the only references I can find for loading leader heads are in the exe... :(

well, bad news, the only references I can find for loading leader heads are in the exe... :(

Please confirm that the leaders and civs are properly working, apart from the diploscreen.

I'll release a alpha version once I've done a few more test, you can try it then :)

I'll release a alpha version once I've done a few more test, you can try it then :)

nonono I like the idea of me doing the thinking and you doing the work :lol:

Also, where in the bloody hell is MAX_MAJOR_CIVS defined?

EDIT: Tired of fruitless searching. Will look tomorrow.

Experimental 34 civs DLL release for G+K here.

Not compatible with map scripts, use it with YnAEMP.

Only 22 civs will have leader heads, the rest of the civs will show blank screens. I'm afraid it won't be fixed *soon*, I'll do a mod to replace all leader heads with statistic screen.

Did you check each and every one? I'll look, though.

Also, do they have names? Tell me if they build their unique unit/building or not. Can you catch one using his trait? Are the G&K Civs, Vanilla Civs, or DLC Civs? Do they talk when you do stuff in their diplo screen? Any blank [text] responses (especially when you first meet them?) Do they have war/peace themes? Have you tried playing as one?

Also, looking at that map gives me ideas for civs. Notably, an American civ and an African civ. God, European Overload.

Absolutely no idea who the leader for the American civ will be... maybe just "A Priest King?" I'll take it over to my thread.

Oh, and an Asian one.

You guys are awesome for putting in all this effort! Also, as far as new Civs go, I think there are 2 clearly notable omissions (The Zulu and Majapahit), but I think some overlooked possibilities are the Inuit (or some other subarctic/northwestern north american civ) and another South American one (this is tough, as most of the early South American cultures aside from the Inca were rather disorganized groups of hunter/gatherers... perhaps the Mapuche?).

But yeah, any word on where Max Civs is Defined? I have an idea.

You guys are awesome for putting in all this effort! Also, as far as new Civs go, I think there are 2 clearly notable omissions (The Zulu and Majapahit), but I think some overlooked possibilities are the Inuit (or some other subarctic/northwestern north american civ) and another South American one (this is tough, as most of the early South American cultures aside from the Inca were rather disorganized groups of hunter/gatherers... perhaps the Mapuche?).

Take it to my civs thread in C&C.

Hi everyone, im having a close look on how things are moving around since the source code release.. i tried to get rid of the 22 civs limit as well, but didnt noticed the region generator which depended on the number of civs.. nice one!

Anyway, about if theres really a limit set on the EXE or not, i think its quite clear, on the CvDLLUtilDefines.h file, theres a comment (line 18) that reads :

// do not change this or have MAX_PLAYERS exceed it - this will require the engine to be rebuilt

#define REALLY_MAX_PLAYERS (80)
#define REALLY_MAX_TEAMS (80)

I think its quite clear here, between the major civs (human players included), minor civs (city states) and the barbarians, you can only have 80 civ max.

Hope i been of some help, i tried to move around some stuff (like adding a new water level.. i miss the coast/sea/ocean feature from previous civs) but my skills on c++/visual are extremely rusty (have been programming on java for 5 years straight), so ill rather sit back, relax, and cheer on you guys! Keep the good work going.
:goodjob:

Yup, I found that too. Thankfully, 34 civs + 42 city states + 1 barbarian civ = 77 < 80. As long as new DLC don't add more than 3 civs and city states and no one wants to add in custom civs and such, it should be possible to add all the civs in the base game in a TSL map.

Or maybe someone will just flat out rebuild the engine.

Yup, I found that too. Thankfully, 34 civs + 42 city states + 1 barbarian civ = 77 < 80. As long as new DLC don't add more than 3 civs and city states and no one wants to add in custom civs and such, it should be possible to add all the civs in the base game in a TSL map.

Or maybe someone will just flat out rebuild the engine.

before thinking to reach the 80 limit, we should try to pass the 64 limit first (game crash during CS AI turn - or barbarian maybe - when MAX_PLAYER > 63)

before thinking to reach the 80 limit, we should try to pass the 64 limit first (game crash during CS AI turn - or barbarian maybe - when MAX_PLAYER > 63)

I feel like that might have something to do with playerid. I've seen playerid = 63 before with some lua listeners. Did that get reserved for something, and trying to define playerid >= 64 has issues? Is the game trying to assign playerid = 63 twice? Playerid definitely has to be unique, right?

I feel like that might have something to do with playerid. I've seen playerid = 63 before with some lua listeners. Did that get reserved for something, and trying to define playerid >= 64 has issues? Is the game trying to assign playerid = 63 twice? Playerid definitely has to be unique, right?

Player 63 is the Barbarians (and I don't mean the rugby team!)

A quick scan of the Lua game files indicates that there is nothing in there hard-coded to 63 or 64 that shouldn't be. (Although it does show that AssignStartingPlots.lua will break horribly if there are more than 22 civs on a scripted map!)

so guys i see some progress keep up the good work!! :D Can someone perhaps give me a shout or let me know when this mod will become available to use:D

I think you may want to take a look at the files in this path to fix your diplo screen problems.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\Expansion\UI_Tablet\InGame\Popups

If not eh I tried.

I'm gonna shoot a mail to the guys asking them about the engine limitation. See what I can get out of them.

I'll first start by seeing if Jon can remember anything.

Also, dumb question, but did you try raising MAX_PLAYERS? Or is that set by the game? I couldn't seem to find where it was defined. That may be affecting the diploscreens.

Top Bottom