Indestructible Dwarven Mines? I think not!

brainpan

Wild Potato
From Wikipedia entry: "ALSO note that Dwarven Mines (built by Dwarven Workers) cannot ever be destroyed, neither by your enemies nor you. Do not place one on top of a resource you plan to use later!"

Maybe the Wikipedia contributor meant dwarven mines can't be destroyed in the sense that Obi-Wan Kenobi could not be destroyed by Darth Vader. When I allowed an orc spearman to camp on my mine to test the "indestructible mine" theory, he quickly dispatched it to dwarf mine heaven (assuming, of course, that all dwarf mines go to heaven).

PS-Perhaps my destroyed mine is now smiling down on the younger dwarf mines, imploring them to "use the force?" ;)

That was changed from .21 to .22 - now, dwarves get regular mines rather than unique indestructible dwarven ones.

Right you are, thank you for the informative response. I should have checked the changelog before posting, and Ill try to be more careful in the future.

This was my first go at playing dwarves--which I had previously avoided using in a game because I'm a huge fan of magic--and was quite surprised when my mine got smashed. But this was a good thing to learn about sooner rather than later.

How difficult would it be to have mines in the khazad territory be resistant to pillaging? For example, lets say they have a 10% chance per earth mana controlled of negating the pillage attempt.

How difficult would it be to have mines in the khazad territory be resistant to pillaging? For example, lets say they have a 10% chance per earth mana controlled of negating the pillage attempt.

Far more difficult than its worth.

Top Bottom