Index of Stories and Tales

I just went in order by # of posts when I sorted them in the forums, just so that I could know which ones I've done, and yours was #5 at the time. New ones either get added to the end, or if it's something like a sequel (Celtic PeaceKeepers #2), it'll be underneath the new one.

Would you all like to see them grouped by author (A-Z or Z-A, just for Vanadorn ;) )rather than in a random order?

Thanks, Shevek, glad you like it.

Ugh! The problem with a "P" and a "V" in my title and name. Sigh. Well, you gotta do what makes the masses happy. I for one would prefer it remain the way you have it, but my story usually remains in the 1st 10 threads on the story list (if I could just get the last of the crummy work off my desk, I could go back to posting daily! sigh**). Either way, the fact that you took the undertaking is/was fantastic enough and a sure gem for those who haven't the time or werewithal to peruse the many many threads for decent reads.

V

I would actually agree with Vanadorn and say the way you have listed it is better than alphabetical. If someone wants to find a good story, then, though not a perfect indicator, the number of views isn't a bad way to direct them in the right direction. Whereas alphabetical really adds nothing, and the list isn't that long if you are trying to find a particular story, or stories by a particular author.

(Of course, number of views will also typically direct people to the longest stories....)

MSTK said:
Which promotes elitism...
Isn't that the most over-used term in this PC era, and isn't creating a list with restrictions elitist in itself? Ideally, I would vote for an extensive database of information in regards each story eg. providing information on whether the story is complete, or in progress, degreee of imaging within the story, difficulty level the story is based on, style the dtory is written etc. Realistically that is not going to happen (and even if it did, what is the likelihood of regular and continuous ipdates over time?), so I am content with the existing format given that it at least offers some information, even if that information is of limited benifit. Reorganising it alphabetically simply removes what little information is already there.

Tomoyo said:
@GA: You need five rates to have the stars appear.

No, I think it's two. At least for Iron Hearts, which *hint hint* just reached 35 posts. :)

Why my Celts Strikes Again story is not here:(

I think, it has necessary things required to be placed here, I did not notice that before.

ОК! Here it is :) :

Celts Strikes Again

Attachments

• OrtodoxCelts 01.JPG
    OrtodoxCelts 01.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 467
To make a link you have to use this:
[url=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=123123]Click for my story[/url]

Where the part after [url= is the link to your story.

Hey, carmen hasn't complained Sima's stories aren't here yet in this thread! That's surprising- He was quick to complain in the legendary games and legendary stories threads. But, I guess I should stop this very spammy post.

I knew you were going to complain as soon as you saw that post! And hey, there's probably other stories that need to be here as well.
I also think that the stories here that are only 2-3 pages long probably aren't worth reading- too short for anything to happen.

I think you have to wait until that story is done. ;)

I'm writing as fast as free time allows me to! ;)

Pax Romana - 107 thousand views and it's STILL being written. Oi!

V

Top Bottom