Indian Spearman

georgestow

Proud to be Awesome
Okay, this is my first ever unit, and TBH, it's not that good, but, as explained in this thread, I only have a 30-day trial of Poser, so I just want to get these units made decently and quickly.
I'd like to thank a lot of people: utahjazz7(tutorial+some props), AdamThwaites(turban prop), CivArmy s. 1994 (shield prop), Kinboat (PDM+some props), Vuldacon (loads of help! :D), probably some other people.

Attachments

• Indian Spearman (3).zip
    355.7 KB · Views: 258
Okay, this is my first ever unit, and TBH, it's not that good, but, as explained in this thread, I only have a 30-day trial of Poser, so I just want to get these units made decently and quickly.

Not that good :lol:! You are being far too modest, for any unit created is a good unit. Well done, and I hope you continue the unit creating endeavors. :goodjob:

Great first unit. I know that there's a few issues with it (unless the preview .gif is inaccurate), but otherwise it's a really great start!:goodjob: I see what you mean about needing to rush because of the 30 days. I've had no end of hassle with my first human unit I've been working on (limbs popping through clothes, palette issues, uncooperative props, etc.). You've done remarkably well with this one!:)

Very good! A bit puzzling how he has no shadow though. Have you enabled shadows and made sure that the ground object is visible?

Also, I see you've got the dreaded ink stain bug with the kilt there in the Death. Some figures, including that kilt, get black patches on them when they are morphed in certain ways. There are only two ways around this - either modify your animations so that the ink stain doesn't appear (I did this with my Arabian Worker and Settler, who have slightly different animations from my other workers and settlers for this reason), or just correct the rendered frames by hand in a paint program (I did this with my monk units). Unfortunately both methods are tedious and take ages, which is why sometimes it is better just to make the kilt (or whatever) black to start with and be done with it.

Wow, very good indeed for a first unit! Better than all my units put together... ;)

Top Bottom