Indian UHV strategy discussion

Well, I found after several games that attacking China is not the easiest road to take... Here's why:

1.) If you capture Beijing with your two warriors (which I did only about 50% of the time), then you have to raze it. The maint. costs are too high to keep it while trying to research religions... (Unless you found your capital in China... But I refuse to beleive you could get Judaism... the man must have had a fluke.) So you're stuck rushing for theology/math/calendar with devine right as a nearly unattainable backup. And Razing Beijing just ensures that Japan will be HUGE.

2.) NOT going for Judaism presents some other problems as well. On the games I went for the Chinese religions, ignoring monotheism (for a while), I found that Persia almost ALWAYS makes judaism their state religion... Making close borders + heathen religion a problem. I got walked on by persia about four out of five games...

I stand by the "standard" way of playing India for the UHV... Judaism, budda, hindu, pop theology, then GP Devine Right... In my opinion, if you can luck your way to the first three religions, you win the UHV.

You're right... i must have had a fluke game, because when I try to repeat it, the earliest I can found Judaism when running my settler to china is turn 53... obviously too late. The only thing i can think of is that I popped a useful early tech like hunting or something like that.

On repeat games, I've been able to get the UHV without doing anything too ahistorical, (like invade china) but where's the fun in that? Plus, you get your golden age after founding Islam way late in the game and have to use two prophets on the mostly useless tech....

If you must keep china alive in the game, then they will always beat you to mathematics if you first get motheism. I tried several times, even harassing beijing with a few warriors (and of course stealing the worker), but they still got mathematics on turn 59, and the fastest I could get it was one turn later. Therefore, to found Judaism and Confucianism (and subsequently not having to worry about divine right) , China must be taken out. I don't think there's any other way.

Even without harassment, Japan can be beaten sans-china, but i'm going to go and see if there is a reliable way to weaken them....

Sure enough, Japan can be very easily harassed with just a few triremes razing, then squatting on the ocean resources. The most they'll retaliate with is maybe a trireme sent India's way

So, the official strategy guide on Rhye's site advises to go straight for Judaism via Masonry-Polytheism-Monotheism. I've been able to snag it with no problem, but it always ends with me losing Hinduism to another civ. There has to be a better tech order - or is there a way to hasten research in the earliest parts of the game?

Yes, micromanage your city. If you do the Lahore start, you'll be fine. If you're going ultra-historical and insist on Delhi as your captial, then you REALLY need to micromanage. Each time the city pops up one, check the squares that are ebing worked. Max out on gold to force out more tech. (Just clicking the beaker button doesn't do it right.)

I've beaten India's UHV a bunch of times... Using both Delhi and Lahore. Delhi is a little more challenging = more fun, but whatever works for you. With Dehli, I can get monothesim about 20% of the time before it is autofounded. 50% of the time in Lahore. As for the other two religions, if greece goes straight for one of them, you'll probably lose... But usually a earlier reload solves the issue.

One of the hardest uhv to achieve, hundreds of reloads, but finaly i did it, with unbelievable luck: getting judaism, hinduism and budhism is a 3 of 5 times reachable, being the pop richest civ nearly impossible (monarch, 1.187); uncountable numbers of barbs and either the chinese will beat you (trying to destroy beyjing with your first warrier is not a good idea, japan will still grow bigger than you + barbs attacking beijing constantly), or the japanese.
In my winning game, china collapsed in 1100 and japan got the pest by 1150. I was on like 6,60 million pop, japan on 6,90 in 1200 and by 1210, after micromanagment i pushed 2 cities on max food and done..insanly lucky..

Being number one in pop isn't that hard. Just have at least 5 cities and trade away all of your non-health resources for health ones... The Iron is usally good for a couple... Once you're close enough not to worry about Devine Right bulbing in time, max your food production in all your cities and stay in Monarchy to control the unrest with warriors (since your iron is traded). This is a difficult goal, but not THAT difficult. I usually can beat the Japanese (or China if they survived the barbs) by a fairly wide margin... Once a super Persia beat me... Health is the key though!

(trying to destroy beyjing with your first warrier is not a good idea, japan will still grow bigger than you + barbs attacking beijing constantly), or the japanese.

You don't need to destroy Beijing, you just need to hassle them and sit on the food resources outside of their city with your warrior to deny their workers a chance to improve these tiles.

Hello,
I would like to share my strategy for Indian UHV, founding all the religions!!
Difficulty level Monarch.

In brief:

- Found my first city two tiles north to the grain next to the marble .
- Launch my first warrior following path to conquer Beijing (captured in 2190 BC).
- Found Hinduism (2640 BC).
- Found Judaism (1775 BC)
- Found Buddhism (1475 BC)
- Build Stonehenge in the capital (1425 BC).
- Build Oracle in the capital and select Math as free tech to obtain Confucianism (1025 BC).
- Obtain Christianity. Gold Age for 2/3 of objectives (510 BC).
- Found Taoism (350 BC).
- Research Bronze. Build Great Wall (important!), accelerated by chopping (230 AD).
- Reserve (sleep) a prophet.
- Use a prophet to accelerate Islam, wait for the creation of a second prophet to finish the Islam research (610 AD).
- Focus on stability and expansion.

Religions.jpg Maravillas.jpg Victoria.jpg Historia.jpg

Enjoy this highly adictive mod!!! Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom