Indonesia UA Vrs the Bazaar (Arabia)

Which Civ is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R0gue

Noble
Which would you say was better?

Indonesia UA (unique resources) But only if you settle on three different continents. (that does not have any of your cities) and it's restricted to your first 3 cities on a different continents.

Or

Arabian's Unique Building "Bazaar" - Duplicated any luxury you have within your city borders.

Just out of intrest - if Arabian captures your city and then builds a Bazaar. Would this double the Unique resources of Indonesia?

Which would you say was better?

Indonesia UA (unique resources) But only if you settle on three different continents. (that does not have any of your cities) and it's restricted to your first 3 cities on a different continents.

Or

Arabian's Unique Building "Bazaar" - Duplicated any luxury you have within you city borders.

Just out of intrest - if Arabian captures your city and then builds a Bazaar. Would this double the Unique resources of Indonesia?

The Bazaar no longer doubles luxuries, it only adds 1 of every kind in the city.

The Bazaar:

+can be built in each city
+provides additional copies of existing luxuries
+provides gold from certain tiles
+works for all luxuries
+its a building you were going to build everywhere anyway

Spice Islands:

+provides happiness
+provides luxuries that all civs will trade for with gold or other luxuries
+can't be completely destroyed

-Can be taken from you and used by your enemy
-only works three times
-tedious requirements

Luxury leads to happiness and trading for gold.

No difference.

Arabian Bazaar only gives happiness if you can trade for it.. you can't always trade for happiness (you also have a limit on how much gold you can trade for)

Indonesian UA..happiness is automatic...gold/additional happiness is from trading.

As others say, incomparable. Bonus luxury is different than new luxury.

However...building a bazaar IN a once Indonesian city...

As a civ, Arabia's better - no contest.

As a unique, Indonesia's better - no contest. Indonesia's luxuries are unique to Indonesia and you can always up to trade two of each. Bazaars are wasted if you have lots of duplicates to begin with (which is far from uncommon), and generally in the mid- to late-game everyone else has access to all the resources you have duplicates of anyway, so the bazaar's value declines sharply as the game goes on.

I'm not sure if this a good comparison since normally you judge civs as a whole (UA, UU, UI, UB). Its kind of like apples to oranges. But if I were to vote Arabian Bazaars hands down and if you were to make the comparison between Indonesia and Arabia as a whole I'd still pick Arabia hands down. Even with Arabia's UA has been nerfed with its re-incarnation in BNW.

Voting Indonesia UA over Arab UB.

You don't need the UB to get sufficient copies of your primary luxury to sell or trade to every civ on the map. Playing legendary is sufficient for that.

This leaves at most 3 extra luxuries to sell.

While Indonesia gets 3 unique luxaries no one else has. Even if they can't find a buyer for any of these that's still as good as the above benefit. (And if they find a buyer for a single one, that's better)

Would Portugal fall into this competition as well alongside Indonesia and Arabia?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get an additional trading copy for being an ally with a city-state?

Would Portugal fall into this competition as well alongside Indonesia and Arabia?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get an additional trading copy for being an ally with a city-state?

No Portugal can build a Feitoria in a CS land and get the luxury resources of a CS they are not allies with. These can't be traded though.

No Portugal can build a Feitoria in a CS land and get the luxury resources of a CS they are not allies with. These can't be traded though.

I know about that, but I just read this on Arioch's page and was wondering if it's incorrect or true:

"If the city-state becomes an ally, Portugal will receive double resources."

I'll take the Bazaar. More versatile, and if I need happiness a lux for lux deal isn't impossible.

I know about that, but I just read this on Arioch's page and was wondering if it's incorrect or true:

"If the city-state becomes an ally, Portugal will receive double resources."

About to research Navigation in my current Portugal game, and I really need to know if the extra copy is tradable or not.

In my unproffessional opinion it's a total wash for the bazaar. Far more adaptable, easier to set up and use, quicker to see benefit from, and you din't have to go out of your way for it.

Bit of a strange poll; the question "which civ is better?" is undoubtably answered with 'Arabia', but Indonesia's UA versus the Bazaar isn't that clear, especially after the Bazaar's nerf. Three luxuries that, very importantly, no-one else will ever have is pretty good bonus, particularly in the later game.

Sorry kinda thinking about this mechanically...

So the Feitoria is technically just a bazaar for the CS, in which the copies are "imported" to you?

Reason I say that is because "Imported" Luxury Resources count towards WLTKD's, CS quests, and happiness, but aren't tradable.

Feitoria is making think as if Netherland's UA East India Company had a lovechild with Arabia's UB Bazaar. o.O

Bazaar hands down. Economically it blows indonesias piddly few extra lux's away. You can double your lux output with bazaars, indo UA really gives you 3 lux's to trade away, keeping a copy of each for yourself.

Now, the best reason to build a Bazaar.. you've wiped indonesia off the face of the planet..

Bit of a strange poll; the question "which civ is better?" is undoubtably answered with 'Arabia', but Indonesia's UA versus the Bazaar isn't that clear, especially after the Bazaar's nerf. Three luxuries that, very importantly, no-one else will ever have is pretty good bonus, particularly in the later game.

it should be changed to sell for twice the normal rate since they are the rarest lux's in the game. Uranium should sell for 2 to 1 as well.

it should be changed to sell for twice the normal rate since they are the rarest lux's in the game. Uranium should sell for 2 to 1 as well.

I second the Uranium point. I really shouldn't be able to buy all the Uranium off of an Autocracy warmonger for basically nothing.

Top Bottom