Industrial Era and CSes

dthompson32

Warlord
I'm in a game right now where I was was rushing to Industrial Era to get allied CS votes in the World Congress. Well I went into the era by getting Scientific Theory 4 turns before the vote, but the CS vote for a new leader didn't trigger.

Is there another necessary condition to get CS participation in the WC? Or do they only vote if you open Industrialization, not Industrial Era? :confused:

I'm in a game right now where I was was rushing to Industrial Era to get allied CS votes in the World Congress. Well I went into the era by getting Scientific Theory 4 turns before the vote, but the CS vote for a new leader didn't trigger.

Is there another necessary condition to get CS participation in the WC? Or do they only vote if you open Industrialization, not Industrial Era? :confused:

Yes there is. It's not you it's "the world" that needs to pass into the Industrial era. IRRC it's once half the civs (or one more than half, it's what I'm not sure about) have reached the era that it triggers the era change and the vote for Host.

I believe it also works if one civ reaches the modern era, though.

Thanks, I just found that little gem. Well that really screws up my strategy. :(

I appreciate the help. :)

Thanks, I just found that little gem. Well that really screws up my strategy. :(

I appreciate the help. :)

No problem! Too bad for your plans.

If you like WC strategies you might also appreciate this tidbit I found out about to my grief (like you):

If you plan on buying "core" delegates from other civs, you need to know that if the World changes era before the vote you'll have the core delegates you bought in the previous era, but you won't get the new ones automatically. The new one(s) the Civs will be able to assign as it wishes.

I like to divert the Civs' vote for or against prop #2 (whatever they'll agree to for the lowest price) while my and my CS pass prop #1 (you have them all divide over the ban on truffles while you pass World Ideology unhindered).

The first time I tried that I bought everyone to vote pro or cons on truffle, but the Era changed and when the session came they all had 1 new delegate free to vote against World Ideology. That was an expensive failure, all that gpt spent on buying votes for nothing...

Its frequently possible to reach Radio before the first WC if you try hard and have a solid setup. Your strategy could work.

Yeah, the strat can work if you bulb a GS into the Modern Era before the vote :)

Top Bottom