Info for countries with release at 22 june

gods and king is comming out at 19 june in north america But for all the other countries you can only get it at 22 june.

This means some players can allready play the game and give other people some more info.
maybe there are some people in the other countries who aren't so sure if they want to buy it because they want to see whats improved.. Or just want to see whats new..
This is why I created this topic :

So the people who allready have the game at 19 june can post here all the info you have for the people who are still waiting.
Olso the people who are waiting for the game can post here their questions and what they want to know about the game.

Moderators: If you thinx this is a good idea make it a stick note or let it exist if not delete it...

Rules :
Make sure you're information is correct
Don't flame and keep it civilized..
Give new information that we didn't know allready
Don't post the same information twice

Question asked:

GoodSarmatian
What do the new wonders do ?
What are the social policy changes ?

Sorry if this is a thread jack, but this post got me curious.....what is the situation for people living outside of the US, but who pre-ordered the game over Steam? Will it auto-download on the 19th of June (US time), or will it be delayed until the 22nd?!?!

Aussie.

Sorry if this is a thread jack, but this post got me curious.....what is the situation for people living outside of the US, but who pre-ordered the game over Steam? Will it auto-download on the 19th of June (US time), or will it be delayed until the 22nd?!?!

Aussie.

Ii have no idea, Portal 2 was unlocked for me on the day it came out, and that was the only game I've ever pre-ordered via Steam... I am so hoping that I'll get to play God and Kings on 19th.. but that seems so unlikely.. why can't games just have international/worlwdie dates.. everybody would be happy.

Ii have no idea, Portal 2 was unlocked for me on the day it came out, and that was the only game I've ever pre-ordered via Steam... I am so hoping that I'll get to play God and Kings on 19th.. but that seems so unlikely.. why can't games just have international/worlwdie dates.. everybody would be happy.

Second that. The comes out on the 22nd of June, the day after I go on holidays. Just my luck:lol:

I was thinking about starting a similar thread.

The questions I care aboput most:

What do the new wonders do ?
What are the social policy changes ?

How about this question: in the internet age why should the US get its product three days earlier than everyone else?

Moderator Action: Discussion of how to circumvent Steam restrictions is not allowed at CFC. Some posts deleted.

I pre-ordered from Greenmangaming in Canada when it was 19% off.

Greenmangaming tells me it's coming out on the 20th. yesterday I checked my acct and it said the my code will be ready later. I'll check today and see if the code is ready, hopefully before Steam releases it.

I think I heard someone say they already got their code from Greenmangaming but my account still says to wait.

Aussie.

Check the store page for G&K through Steam. They have your nationality settings and it should tell you when it'll be available for download for YOU (mine says about 16 hours from now).

How about this question: in the internet age why should the US get its product three days earlier than everyone else?

I believe that's a legal issue... has to do with copyrights, local laws, import/export stuff, more based upon the country in which the developer is based. Since in an American company, that's likely why US gets the product first. More than likely it's a US export situation, despite merely being a digital product, so you can probably blame our laws... heh.

Check the store page for G&K through Steam. They have your nationality settings and it should tell you when it'll be available for download for YOU (mine says about 16 hours from now).

I believe that's a legal issue... has to do with copyrights, local laws, import/export stuff, more based upon the country in which the developer is based. Since in an American company, that's likely why US gets the product first. More than likely it's a US export situation, despite merely being a digital product, so you can probably blame our laws... heh.

It's actually far more stupid than that. The various sales tracking agencies in the US begin their weekly tracking periods on Tuesdays while in the EU etc it's Fridays. It's nothing more than a ploy to squeeze extra sales numbers out of the first week.

Maybe some Americanadians can upload some of the Leader's lines so that they can be translated before Friday. I want to hear some more of Attila's angry noises just to confirm whether or not he speaks gibberish.

A few new bits from nowgamer review - http://www.nowgamer.com/pc/pc-reviews/1437068/civilization_5_gods_and_kings_review.html

Figured i'd post it here, since review thread spam is already too much.

ok -

The first civilisation to reach a Faith of 10 can pick a Pantheon, which attributes a deity to provide an eternal reward to your nation – ranging from boosts to production and culture to better resources from the surrounding area.

Once a Pantheon has been selected, the next cannot be unlocked until a new civ reaches 15, a third at 20, fourth at 25 and so on until all the Civilization’s have a Pantheon, turning the early-game into a mad dash for the pick of the crop.

Want to get the Celts on your side? Tell them Attila the Hun is sending an army for them and, later on down the line, they might reciprocate the good deed.

Its weird, Im from Brazil and until a few days ago the date for release was 19th. Today I went to check and it says Ill have to wait more 3 days...

Not a big deal, I know, but when I bought the release date clearly stated 19th of june...

Its weird, Im from Brazil and until a few days ago the date for release was 19th. Today I went to check and it says Ill have to wait more 3 days...

Not a big deal, I know, but when I bought the release date clearly stated 19th of june...

This happened to europeans as well. I was pretty pist at fist when steam set the day from 19th to 22th. But i bet there are plenty of streams from people playing from the 19th. + we`ve got the 2k stream at 22:00 Amsterdam time which ill probably watch 2/3 times before the game releases in America anyway.

But still pretty silly that europeans pay the same price in euro`s instead of dollars (which is a big deal) + game releases in europe is often 3 days later then asian/america.

Pre-ordered it from Brazil, will also have to wait until the 22th. Well, this means I get to finish my current game, at least.
Would really appreciate more info on social policies!

I have access to the G&K manual over steam and I have to say the new wonders are a bit disappointing. I suspected the Terracotta Army would give a culture bonus like old Stonehenge, but I thought it'd be more than 6 :c5culture: because it comes later.

Anyway. One new and one old question not answered by the manual:

How are social policies changed ?

What does the Hagia Sophia do now ? According to the manual the Leaning Tower gives 1 free GP and +25% GP points, so I supposed HS was changed.

all of this and more in the stickied G&K Introduction thread posted at the top of the forum.

(I have videos covering a number of topics which will be linked in there as well).

Nope. I have checked the thread and it doesn't say anything about policies except for the associated GP you can buy with faith :(.

Edit:
I just clicked the link to your youtube channel and found the vid about policy changes. :goodjob:

Hagia Sophia provides a Great Prophet when built, a free Temple in the city it's built in, and 3 faith per turn.

In the Liberty tree, Collective Rule (settlers) and Republic (production bonus) swapped places.

In Tradition, the finisher now provides +15% growth and a free aqueduct in your first 4 cities.

In Honor, the bonus vs barbs for taking the policy is now 33%.

In Piety, Organized Religion now provides +1 faith from shrines and temples. I *think* the last policy (Religious Tolerance) changed, it's now -10% cost on future policies. The finisher also changed to a 20% discount on purchasing units and buildings with faith, and holy sites generating +3 gold and +3 culture.

In Commerce, Mercantilism has Market, Bank, Stock Exchange and and Mints provide +1 science in addition to reducing buy costs by 25%. Naval Tradition spawns a Great Admiral and gives Great Admirals +2 movement. Protectionism is now +2 happiness per luxury (up from 1 I think). Trade Unions cause Harbors and Seaports to generate 1 gold in addition to the 33% reduction in road/railroad maintenance. Finisher grants +1 gold per trade post and doubles gold from Great Merchant missions.

Rationalism, Freedom, Autocracy and Order look unchanged but I'm not really sure about Autocracy and Order since I've hardly ever used them to know.

Top Bottom