Information Poll: In what order should we conquer?

What order should we conquer our enemies in?

• Russia, England, Persia, Greece

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Russia, England, Persia, China

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Russia, England, China, Persia

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Russia, England, China, Greece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russia, England, Greece, Persia

• Russia, England, Greece, China

• Other (Please post)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
The relevant discussion threads are:

Coming down the home stretch

Should Persia be the next to go?

Who's next?

Please note that Russian and England are both so weak that we can attack them both at the same time. If there is significant opposition to attacking these civs first, I will redo the poll.

Also note, that we probably can leave one other civ standing to witness our glory. ;)

We should split our army in half and attack England and Russia at the same time. Then gather them and attack either China, Greece or Persia with our increased army. So what if the Persian army is moving to thier cities, thier Riflemans and Infantries!!! And we have lightning speed Panzers that will wipe them out in a couple of turns. After taking Russia and England we only have to pick one more nation and we will have domination victory. Simple.

I think we should attack Russia, then Persia (through English territory), then England (once the ROP runs out), and finally, if we still need more territory, Greece.

Originally posted by amirsan
England, Russia, China or Greece is the most smart route for a fast Domination victory.

Why would we even think about atacking our big cash cow (mooo) when we can attack someone else? We can attak the backtechs, then Persia and China up to when we win.

The backtechs ARE England and Russia. Lets just attack them at once and pick either China, Persia or Greece WHO ELSE. It wont realy matter because victory is at our hands. After England and Russia are achieved then we wont have to worry about our techs because we only have to attack one more civ with our Panzers to win Domination Victory.

That's exactly what I said: Attack the two backtechs, then Persia. But you said to attack Greece after. Why Greece? They give us an incredible amount of gold each turn. That's why I posted that we should then attack China. It is bacward in tech compared to Greece.

Russia, England, China, Persia. I think capturing China will be easier than Perisa...

I don't know why we would attack Russia before England. Our troops are closer to England and RoP's don't really need to be honored anymore.

After all, we can take most of England in one turn, after which we can take whatever path we like. We can win this game easily with any of the 120 attack priority combinations we have left.

With that in mind, rather than waste my vote with Abstain, I decided to base my decision on the best 3-4 positions. And that would be Persia followed by China.

China's army is BOUND to have cav, especially after their war with the Iroquois. The Persians have none. I say, go for:

Russia & England (at once), Persia, then a civ of our chosing.

Besides, Persia's bound to have a SoD that's returning to their nation. We should get them before they start spreading into the cities. Need I remind you that Greece and China have an MPP. If we attack China - most likely 1-2 turns after Russia and England - it will trigger a war with Greece, cutting our cash reserves dramatically.

China has Cavalry but Persia has Infantry. Geographically looking at this we will have a better chance at attacking China in several different locations instead of Persia which we only have at the most 3. We can take out England and Russia at the same time in a couple of turns and take out China in at the most 6 turns.

Question:

Is this poll intended to simply clarify overall strategy, or is there an implied declaration of war somewhere in this poll?

12:31pm

Russia, England, Persia, Greece 1 5.56%
Russia, England, Persia, China 10 55.56%
Russia, England, China, Persia 5 27.78%
Russia, England, China, Greece 0 0%
Russia, England, Greece, Persia 0 0%
Russia, England, Greece, China 0 0%
Other (Please post) 1 5.56%
Abstain 1 5.56%

Looks like It's Russia/England, China then Greece.

Well, actually, Russia/England-Persia-China-Greece

As of 1:45pm EST, the Russian empire has ceased to exist, so it is now England - Persia - China.

Victory will come sometime before that is completed, so Greece will remain (barring some rather unfortunate and ultimately poor decision on their part to attack us) as a witness to our greatness.

And the AI stupidity kicks in like clockwork! China and Greece are at war with us.

Top Bottom