Informational Poll: Repeal the Incumbent Rule?

Do you support a repeal of the incumbent rule?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
This is an informational poll to determine if the citizens would approve of a change in the CoS that would repeal the rule preventing incumbent leaders from running for two offices in one election. This would amend CoS G.6.C from:

“Incumbent leaders may run for 1 position in each election cycle. Other citizens may run for 2 positions in each election cycle.”

To: “Each citizen may run for up to 2 positions in each election cycle”

The council has the final say on this amendment.

I would support a repeal of the incumbent rule. This would allow incumbent leaders to have more flexibility in the elections. The constitutional article prohibiting a citizen from holding more than one leadership position would still be in effect, which would allow new citizens to take the positions that were declined in favor of other offices. It would also fill more deputy positions than are filled by the current election process.

I'll abstain. This was origanally done to give newer users a chance to run for an office. If they saw a "big name" user, they most likely wouldn't run for fear of losing. But, with a large amount of posistions, it's almost nessecary, except for the fact that you can only hold 1 posistion...

I voted yes.... This might not increase the number of govonors/leader poistions filled, but it will fill many of the deputy poistions.

Deputy positions can be filled after the fact. If leaders are too lax to organise this then the problem is with them, not with the system.

I vote no. The tendency proved to be big name people winning multiple spots and then declining one. Not only does that complicate the beginning of a term, it is unfair to the other people in the elections.

Top Bottom