instalation probem/questions

Civ4newbie

Warlord
I canot instal the game, I download the mod and all ofa sudden it just hsows a paper file picture and I can do nothing with it, there is no extraction option. how do I install the mod properly? I downloaded 7zip so I have that program but it still did not work. what do I need to do? please give me instructions, thanks and how fast is the turn times for the game now even if I just play on a small or regular size map with a 5 or 6 civs?

I canot instal the game, I download the mod and all ofa sudden it just hsows a paper file picture and I can do nothing with it, there is no extraction option. how do I install the mod properly? I downloaded 7zip so I have that program but it still did not work. what do I need to do? please give me instructions, thanks and how fast is the turn times for the game now even if I just play on a small or regular size map with a 5 or 6 civs?

There will be others much better qualified to answer questions about installing the mod, so I hope they will help you.

While we're waiting for them:
- if I remember correctly (stranger things have happened), what you get when you downloaded is compressed file with the extension .zip or .7z. If so you need to unzip it obviously. Since you have 7z, right-clicking on the file should bring up a menu which includes a "7z" entry. Under that entry, select 'extract'. I don't think you should extract directly to your mods folder, but that might be just me. After extract, you will have a folder which you need to place in your Mods folder.
- if you have a .zip or .7z file that the 7z software can't open, your download probably did not work properly, so try it again.

Starting a new game, turn times are 10 seconds or less regardless of settings. If you plan to autoplay ahead to transhuman or something like that, there are too many unknowns to really say what turn times you will experience. I can only say that I have a game with 20 AIs in early Modern Era (Large map Marathon speed), and turn times are around 5 minutes.

ok, well I will not play until the turn times in the future for all the eras are 1minute or less but thanks for telling me, I am already playing future mod anyway and so far future mod is good enough for me. in the mean time I will wait until there is possibly more then one alien civ/species for the galactic era and sea cities are implimented. I had mentioned a while back that I would like to see a true dark era or dark ages for caveman to cosmos and it was discussed a bit, there is already the middle ages for caveman to cosmos but I thought it could be more realistic or work like the one or exactly like the one in the future mod. tehnically if there was a dark era, each civ would go threw it at some point but I was told it was not doable for some reason I don't know everything about the dark eras of the world in the actual real life history. I just know there was 2 dark eras for civs in the world or I think for the entire world. one was a ancient greek dark era before alexander the great, plato, Socrates and aristotle and the other was one for the entirety of Europe or for the whole medditerainian world after the roman empire fell. I think there was evena Asian world dark era after imperial china wa sinvaded bye gangis kaun or the Asian barbarians. perhaps we would need a international history historian to tell us about all the dark eras before a true dark era/dark eras could be implemented for the game or mabey someone here knows?

ok, well I will not play until the turn times in the future for all the eras are 1minute or less but thanks for telling me, I am already playing future mod anyway and so far future mod is good enough for me. in the mean time I will wait until there is possibly more then one alien civ/species for the galactic era and sea cities are implimented. I had mentioned a while back that I would like to see a true dark era or dark ages for caveman to cosmos and it was discussed a bit, there is already the middle ages for caveman to cosmos but I thought it could be more realistic or work like the one or exactly like the one in the future mod. tehnically if there was a dark era, each civ would go threw it at some point but I was told it was not doable for some reason I don't know everything about the dark eras of the world in the actual real life history. I just know there was 2 dark eras for civs in the world or I think for the entire world. one was a ancient greek dark era before alexander the great, plato, Socrates and aristotle and the other was one for the entirety of Europe or for the whole medditerainian world after the roman empire fell. I think there was evena Asian world dark era after imperial china wa sinvaded bye gangis kaun or the Asian barbarians. perhaps we would need a international history historian to tell us about all the dark eras before a true dark era/dark eras could be implemented for the game or mabey someone here knows?

Then you won't be playing C2C for sometime. Your expectations exceed the current capabilities.

JosEPh

ok well I have decided to play the mod after all, I don't like the fact that you canot play the music you want in the future mod and it is all classical until the industrial era or modern era and I have no way to shut the music off so It is kind of distracting and puts me ina mood or something that I really canot focus 100% on the game so please someone qualified to help me install the mod properly, please give me instructions and possibly with pictures, I will try to download it again in the meantime and follow what the previous person said.

I have one more question and it is what setttings and what factors make the game run faster, I want to be able to play into the modern era at least with a turn time half a second or 1 minute. how fast would it play if I only play with 5 or 6 civs and a regular size map or a medium map right below regular, I don't know all the map sizes. please let me know

ctrl-M toggles music on and off. Doing it twice changes the song that is played.

Music and the different other sounds can be handled in the escape-key -> options menu -> tab audio.

Shift-ctrl-Q gives more keyboard options (scroll to the bottom of the list to find them)

ok thanks but it did not answer my question. also I get a download app thing when after I have downloaded the modd and I canot figure out how to open the mod. do I need an app? I want to just download it directly witch sounds easier.

ok thanks but it did not answer my question. also I get a download app thing when after I have downloaded the modd and I canot figure out how to open the mod. do I need an app? I want to just download it directly witch sounds easier.

That means that you have selected the wrong Download button. There are two. One the site wants you to use but has an old version of C2C in it and one that has the latest version. You need the latter, the non "Des..." one.

thanks I am playing it but I where are the controls, I am playing on the earth map mars map/moon and there is no way to found my city,where are the regular controls and the game encyclopedia, its not where to be found, theres no buttons to click at all exept for moving the units and hitting enter to turn the turn. there is no unit commands, whats going on, is it because of the map? how do I access the controls?

thanks I am playing it but I where are the controls, I am playing on the earth map mars map/moon and there is no way to found my city,where are the regular controls and the game encyclopedia, its not where to be found, theres no buttons to click at all exept for moving the units and hitting enter to turn the turn. there is no unit commands, whats going on, is it because of the map? how do I access the controls?
1) You should not be playing on the tri-planet map it is for modders working on terrains and stuff.

2) Some other people have reported the missing UI problem. As far as I can tell it only happens the first couple of times you ever play C2C making it very hard to figure out what is causing it

Missing UI = mostly mod was installed in wrong directory.
Directory should be always named: Caveman2Cosmos

well I think I already installed the mod to the right directory witch went into beyond the sword/ mods,, is that incorrect? if so what is the correct directory and you I need to change a name of the file to that? I think it already is that.

There are two mods directories. The one with 'My Games' root is the incorrect one. Use the root where the game exe is.

As for the mod name be sure there are no spaces in the name.

what file is the exe? my caveman2cosmos is in the friaxis/civ4/ beyondthesword/mods
that's where it is in,i played the mod on a new map and played a few turns but still no controls. all try one more time.

There are two mods directories. The one with 'My Games' root is the incorrect one. Use the root where the game exe is.

What gives you that idea? My Civ 4 mods have always been in My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/MODS.

Both of those directories are viable options.

:confused::crazyeye: News to me. I've always put it in the primary location (i.e. where the game initially installs to in my case C:/XP Games/Civ4/Beyond the Sword/Mods )

Top Bottom