[C3C] Interesting Government Choices

timerover51

Deity
I am playing a somewhat modified version of the Age of Discovery scenario. As the Dutch, I am a Protestant Monarchy. However, the AI has made some interesting government choices for those civilizations.

Portugal, France, and Spain are all now Protestant monarchies, when historically, all were solidly Catholic. Charles the First of Spain was doing his best to exterminate the Protestant Reformers as the head of the Holy Roman Empire.

England is now a Catholic monarchy. Henry the Eighth had split from the Catholic Church over the divorce of his first wife, and was operating as the Head of the Church of England.

The real interesting ones are all of the New World Civilizations. The Maya, Inca, Aztec, and Iroquois are all Catholic monarchies. That is really bizarre, considering what they were historically.

So much for the favored government concept.

AFAIK, the "Favoured/Shunned Government " set for each (AI-)Civ has little or nothing to do with the government chosen by the AI-Civ itself. Rather, it primarily (only?) affects that AI-Civ's attitude towards other Civs -- improving their attitude towards someone running their favoured gov, and deteriorating their attitude towards someone running their shunned gov.

Kinda funny that the AI-Civs in your game all picked the wrong religion, though :lol:

I think that the weirdest thing is the complete reversal of the European powers. The New World tribes all turning Catholic is also a puzzler.

Top Bottom