Interesting Screenshots

I know, that it was an error to research Communism (and thereby labour unions).

Fortunately at least my model railroad is still in the age of the Bundesbahn, so no DB AG and therefor no multiple labour unions (and by far better looking paint jobs!)! :D

:lol:

Workers? What for?
Recycling Centers? What for?

And yes, Hiawatha is able to build both Motorized Workers (double speed and 2 MP) and Recycling Centers (I sold him Recycling!).

why , it's so easy . If the AI can't beat you , it uses Global Warming to mess with your food production .

No screenshot as I do not know how to picture that in one. Sorry!

I enabled the Military Academy (and therefore Armies) to be build without existing Armies. And the KI loves them both.

And I have observed that KI-controlled Armies allways went pillaging through enemy land.

Today I discovered that they also pillage in neutral land.

The Iroquois had build under great difficulties a railroad over a mountainrange to one of their cities. A large part of that railroad lied in the uncleamed mountains.

And then they sent an Army to that city to be loaded into a ship.

The Army demolished the complete road and railroad on its trip! :eek::lol:

No screenshot as I do not know how to picture that in one. Sorry!

I enabled the Military Academy (and therefore Armies) to be build without existing Armies. And the KI loves them both.

And I have observed that KI-controlled Armies allways went pillaging through enemy land.

Today I discovered that they also pillage in neutral land.

The Iroquois had build under great difficulties a railroad over a mountainrange to one of their cities. A large part of that railroad lied in the uncleamed mountains.

And then they sent an Army to that city to be loaded into a ship.

The Army demolished the complete road and railroad on its trip! :eek::lol:
I like that idea. Armies are way OP for the human player... this makes the AI build and use them more??

Do you mean AI, with KI? Or, what does KI mean?

I like that idea. Armies are way OP for the human player... this makes the AI build and use them more??

The question is, does it use them well, or does the AI do things like only use Armies for defense or fill them with 3 units from two eras ago or forget they can attack more than once per turn?

it's an excellent thing of AI . You start coalition warfare against a major AI , start capturing its cities and your allies slow down your Blitzkrieg with pillaging roads .

AI will use armies, but afaik only loads one unit in them (?). It is why in some mods it is set so that the human can also just load one unit, with the bonus hp :)
AI also will use catapults/similar if it has them, but i am not sure if it will actually load them onto ships.

Btw, Kirejara, nice to see those old cities of mine used :D

The KI (= AI) has a very offensive use of Armies, IF they managed to fill them completly.

Unfortunatly they do often fall into the problem, that they put only units in an Army, that has at least equal movement points as the Army, but they do not take the 1+ movement point of the Army itself into accoun.

So if they put in a Cavalry first, the Army has 4 movement points and because the KI is unable to find another unit with 4 movement points, the Army remains only partly filled and incomplete.

The Iroqouis in my current game managed to fill three Armies complete and used them with devastating effect on the Portuguese (no longer in game!), but they have also one incomplete Army in their MA city with a single Cavalry unit in it (the screenshot above is from the previous game on a different map). .

Regarding artilery units I have very good expirience made the captured units, as the KI will use artillery units outside of their cities if they have a foreign nationality.
PS: Kyriakos, I like those cities, but I miss matching industrial and modern sets. ;)

Who said arrows were not anti-mech weapons?

1.jpg

Again no screenshot, sorry!

On my current map (Inselwelt) I discovered that the Iroquois have the one and only uranium.

So I decided to lure them into a war by the classic "Submarine and Privateer in harbour" trick.

As expected a roman and a dutch destroyer show up first, but did not attack because they could see the submarine in the harbour.

I did not expected, that the Iroquois then simply nuked the Privateer (and my submarine and the roman destroyer and the dutch destroyer and the city of Aachen)! :eek:

You know how sometimes the AI will accidentally declare war on you when it runs into your submarines because it doesn't know they're there? It's like that, but you stick a Privateer on top of the Submarine to lure the AI to the square. They attack the Submarine/Privateer stack, which means running into your submarine, which means declaring war on you.

(I assume that's how it works, at least, I'm not totally sure about all that)

The "Privateer-Bug" works different:

Build a privateer and park it in a city. Don´t cover that privateer with a landunit. You don´t need a covering naval unit. There is a good chance, that AI ships will attack it in the city, declaring war on you in the process, as this attack is an attack on your city, too. Even ships of friendly AI's will perform such an attack. If you cover the privateer in the city with a landunit, the AI ships cannot see the privateer any longer and stop attacking it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6751536&postcount=87
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6754580&postcount=90

New is, that the AI also used nukes for such an attack.

Last edited:
You can also use landbased units with hidden nationality as bait.

In my case I had a submarine together with the privateer in Aachen, since there were several roman and dutch destroyers(see invisible) nearby, who I wanted as allies (and I have got them as allies!). The trap was intended for the lone iroqouis Armored Cruiser that was nearby, who is unable to see the submarine.

The good news are:

- the Netherlands stopped for obvious reasons their delivery of aluminum to the Iroquois (so no more nukes and cruise missiles),
- the dutch fleet soaked most of the iroquois cruise missiles (can no longer produced),
- a second nuke hit Utrecht and non of my cities (ok, Willem has a different view on that),
- the iroqouis air defence is poor at best, because they do not have oil (so only biplane fighters),
- the Luftwaffe took out the road to the uranium.

Of course, Hiawatha could still have more nukes under production...

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, we are at war!:trouble:

I decided to continue an allready won game (Space Race).

Spain and her main rival England are at war once more.

And on order of her most catholic majesty Queen Esmeralda I started a invasion of the english homeland. After our landing at Canterbury we took Coventry too and repelled an english counterstrike mainly composed of Churchill and Crusader Tanks (and some air strikes).

I was waiting for Elisabeth to waste her remaining forces in a second wave, then instead a huge stack of totally antiquated egyptian units arrived at Coventry.

As this is a typical KI move for a snake attack, I offered Ramses to join the war against Elisabeth, knowing that he would attack me anyway.

And my assumption was right.

And I really do not know, how he expected to win this fight.This is only a quarter of my unit list in Canterbury (and more are at my homeland and in the chinese, french and persian provinces of the Spanish Empire).

The Egypts have only two cities, who are half embedded into England.

So I am not sure if I have to take Thebae and Heliopolis from Ramses or from Elisabeth. :trouble:

Ramses, it was nice, knowing you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom